Thread: BSA Magnum 240 !

Cool BSA Magnum 240 !

I've got a great custom walnut grip for my magnum,but i know their a B#gger to fit grips on, anyone got any thoughts on this one,?..Mike...

if you have any problems I will take both off your hands
    Air Arms S400 Nikko Gameking 4-16x50....

Wink Cheekieeee!

Quote Originally Posted by davep90 View Post
    if you have any problems I will take both off your hands
    Thanks, but no thanks taken a long time to get this one,and the custom grip is a one off.(had 3 pistols stolen a while back) still trying to replace them all...Mike...

Wink Eggspurts

WOT no magnum EGG-spurts....mike...

It's been a long time since I had the grip off one of these...

There are two Allen Bolts that go inside the grip, one secures the grip to the frame, the other goes through the trigger guard and then into the frame. You have to remove the trigger guard from the frame, before the grip can come free from the pistol, so unscrew both allen bolts from the grip, then push out the pins forward of the trigger in the frame until the trigger guard comes free, then you can remove the grip.

I think that's it, but as I say it was a long time ago, so I may have omitted the odd detail.

These are excellent pistols, a classic IMO, I hope you get a lot of enjoyment from your replacements!

Thumbs up custom grip

Quote Originally Posted by Rob M View Post
    It's been a long time since I had the grip off one of these...

There are two Allen Bolts that go inside the grip, one secures the grip to the frame, the other goes through the trigger guard and then into the frame. You have to remove the trigger guard from the frame, before the grip can come free from the pistol, so unscrew both allen bolts from the grip, then push out the pins forward of the trigger in the frame until the trigger guard comes free, then you can remove the grip.

I think that's it, but as I say it was a long time ago, so I may have omitted the odd detail.

These are excellent pistols, a classic IMO, I hope you get a lot of enjoyment from your replacements!
    gratefull thanks, I knew there a bit fiddly did'nt want risk damaging old one or custom version both nice pieces of walnut,thanks again...Mike...

can we have a pic
    Air Arms S400 Nikko Gameking 4-16x50....

harvey_s is offline Lost love child of David Niven and Victoria Beckham
    Got a copy of the 'Bulmer does a strip' series in AGW on the magnum 240 - if that will help PM me your email addy and I'll send it to you (3 fairly large files though)
    Last edited by harvey_s; 28-02-2009 at 12:11 PM.

Smile Magnum 240

Quote Originally Posted by harvey_s View Post
    Got a copy of the 'Bulmer does a strip' series in AGW on the magnum 240 - if that will help PM me your email addy and I'll send it to you (2 fairly large files though)
    Thanks for offer PM sent...Mike...

Smile magnum 240

Quote Originally Posted by harvey_s View Post
    Got a copy of the 'Bulmer does a strip' series in AGW on the magnum 240 - if that will help PM me your email addy and I'll send it to you (3 fairly large files though)
    info received thanks, I'm still surprised, and impressed by the level of help and kindness shown on the BBS,thank you ...Mike...

Cool Pic's !!!

Quote Originally Posted by davep90 View Post
    can we have a pic
    I've done a couple of replacement pics for UBC gallery, will appear on there soon i'm sure...mike... PS, "I still aint flogging it", will swap for a ridiculously priced target pistol