Thread: leaky rapid Need some help

Question leaky rapid Need some help

Hi All
    Got myself a secondhand rapid Mk1 last week Lovely gun but It is leaking air out of the breach when fired and I need to sort it out soon as .
    So my question to you rapid gurus out there is what seal do I need to replace ,where is the best place to buy the parts from (hopefully not theoben ) and how easy is it to do the repair DIY ?
    If poss I need to get the gun fixed before next wednesday so I can go rabbiting (had 25 bunnies between us tonight but had to borrow a mates gun because of the leak) .
    Hope someone can help .
    Cheers
    Nick

Kev.G Guest
    if its only leaking when you fire it (blowing and waisting air)it will just be the probe to barrel contact,depending on your rapids age there is a couple of ways to adjust,pre year 2000 you will need to strip the bolt and add shims,if its later than this year you will be able to adjust via a small grub screw located at the rear of the cocking bolt main body,adjust clock wise for more contact.on the later rapids with this method of adjusment there is also a vey small locking grub screw on the right hand side of the cocking bolt main body,which will need to be turned anti clock wise before adjusting the rear one.make sure you use imperial x keys,you can also adjust by moving the barrel.
    kevG