Thread: Webley Tracker and HW35e

Webley Tracker and HW35e

These are not for sale. Im just sharing a couple of finds with you all.

Well i finally got one, the Tracker was the first rifle i owned as a kid and i found a really nice example yesterday. Its a .22 late 80's with a mint stock and its had a complete reblue by colin Molloy at Manchester airguns, and it came complete with a webley pro system silencer too all for £190

It shoots fantastic (ill get the group i shot today with it later) and even smells like my first one did ;D Shooting it at the range this thing shoots very well and must have had some work done on it as its unbelievely smooth with no real recoil at all. It loves H+N ftt and i felt like i was 11 years old all over again today ;D

Yes yet another classic rifle.

A 1980's (im guessing 1985ish) Weihrauch hw35e .177 with a very nice walnut stock. I got this from Bar yesterday and as lucky as i have been with the other rifles this one is in fantastic condition too. Its complete with iots open sights and i think for now im gonna use it with the irons for now anyway. Over the chrono its putting out a shade under 11ftlbs which is perfect. I took it to nwss this morning and after getting the opens zeroed i had some fun around the range hitting the 35 yarder knockdowns and a few tin cans i had placed all around the range. I then tried some serious grouping using the birchwood casey "shoot and see" targets and i manged to get this group below.

28 yards with a slight right to left crosswind , 3 shot group 24mm in diameter using AA fields, iron sights job done ;D It felt great shooting with opensights again and can be a real challenge in its own right.

And here is the beast itself

Could anyone age these for me using the serial numbers??

Hw35e = 733830
    Webley tracker =17501

Any help identifying age would be great

On ma dirt farm near Dudley in the Westmidlands.
    Congrats on your new toys matey
    I allways thought it such a shame Webley never made a mk2 Tracker with a slightly larger swept volume and a better trigger.Allways liked them meself.

Quote Originally Posted by R. P. McMurphy View Post
    I allways thought it such a shame Webley never made a mk2 Tracker with a slightly larger swept volume and a better trigger.
    Or a Deluxe version with a nice walnut stock.

Welcome to the '35 Owners Group. An expanding (and I dont mean around the waist in all cases) group of enthusiasts who have discovered, and in some cases rediscovered, this classic beauty.

ATB
    Ian
    Founder & ex secretary of Rivington Riflemen.
    www.rivington-riflemen.uk

Cheers guys

What i cant get over is the fact the tracker almost seems to have no recoil at all, i would go as far as to say it recoils less than my tuned prosport!!

The one i had as a kid that was like a few years old when i got it kicked like a .308

Can anyone age them by the serial numbers???

Hi, my HW35 is No.794685, and it has been dated by Weihrauch themselves as a 1980 model, so that puts yours earlier than that. Nice gun, by the way.

Quote Originally Posted by uk litehammer View Post
    Hi, my HW35 is No.794685, and it has been dated by Weihrauch themselves as a 1980 model, so that puts yours earlier than that. Nice gun, by the way.
    Cheers mate hmm a bit older than i thought then

Antyone any idea on the trackers age

HW35 Age

From the limited info I've got on 35's Weihrauch reached 600,000 around 1976 and 800,000 by 1980, so around 50K rifles a year. Scope rails went from 13 to 11mm at 755xxx. with the safety catch being introduced early in 1977 according to Bob Beeman.

I'd suggest yours is about 1978 ish

Oh and I forgot to add I am very jealous....., I've only got a .22 35K, fitted with an Anschutz Diopter, I find it handles very well with the shorter barrel.
    Last edited by coburn; 27-02-2009 at 02:50 PM.

Nice pair there Paul,

personally I prefer the Tracker, but both look in really good nick.

Are you going to the AAOC meet? can you take 'em, I'd love to try them out.

atb
    Russ
    Air Arms S400 Classic - Hawke Airmax 3-9x40 AO MAP6, SMK QB78 DL - JSR 4x40 Mildot ill.El Gamo ASI sniper, BSA Airsporter MkVI. UBC#22 - Sheridan EB22, Gamo Compact:R77-4:Falcon, Walther PPK, CP88 shiney, SMK G10, Baikal 53M:MAK, Crosman 357