Thread: re-parallaxing

re-parallaxing

i have recently purchased a bushnell trophy 3-9x40.i would like to re-parallax the scope to say 25-35 yards,how do i acheive this.whatever distance i decide on do i re-parallax to that exact distance.

timmaaah is offline I'm starting to like my arse!

Wink

What I did on my Simmons 3-9x50 scope:

Setup 'scope so that the reticule is in focus as soon as you look through it (use focus and/or lock ring at the eyepice end of the scope)

Setup target at required distance (I wanted 30 Yards)

Set 'scope to full zoom (ie 9 times mag)

Undo and remove front lock ring part Pic Here

Look through 'scope, and turn parralax adjuster until the reticule and the view of the target are both crisply in focus Pic Here--------And a close up
    (Yeah yeah - dusty I know - it's my summer gun, so gimme a break huh? )

Replace lock ring

Recheck zero

Piece of piss, but it took me ages to find that info on the web

Disclaimer - this worked fine on my 'scope, but from what I read, this should work on most 'scopes. No doubt, someone will either de-bunk or corroborate the above info! Do not excessively wind parralax lense in or out - you may loose any nitrogen that your 'scope may be filled with
    Last edited by timmaaah; 27-02-2009 at 09:11 PM. Reason: Disclaimer

yup, did the same. Hardly scientific but it works.
    Be sure to tighten the lock ring properly or you'll be chasing the zero round for ages.

Incidentally I turned objective lense anti clockwise with left hand while looking down it.
    Same disclaimer as above - I ain't no pro, this worked for me but I wouldn't want you wrecking your favourite scope on the back of my advice...

i would add that it's worth bobbing and weaving the head, so you know the pa error has been removed.

but yes, all sounds good.

you can do the trophy with your hands, but take the sticker off before trying to shift the locking ring, and stick it back on again to stop it moving... or use a bit of tape