Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Who would be interested in proper printed targets?

Jim McArthur is offline Frock coat wearing, riverboat dwelling, southern gent
    Great idea, Pat!

Jim
    UBC's Police Pistol Manager
    "Nasty, noisy things, revolvers, Count. Better stick to air-guns." Sherlock Holmes, The Adventure of the Mazarin Stone

From Jim the UBC Target designer

Andy, a message from our designer

In order to get the correct targets for the various competitions I contacted th NSRA and the reply I got back said that as long as I dont claim that these ARE ACTUAL NSRA TARGETS I can design and print what I want.
    I have the specs for the targets and what I put up are based on this and stated to be so. Where there are differences they are VERY clearly specified. An example is the statement you will find on the UBC target where I found that none of my printers, I have three, can print a target boundary fine enough to be the same as the NSRA one of 0.1 to 0.2 mm. For that reason I have set them at 0.5 mm as tmost printers can cope with that and the actual external diameter of each scoring ring is correct. The scoring numbers in each ring are in the correct places and the correct size but the white ones are actually 10% grey or they would not be clear when printed.
    I COULD solve this by saving the targets at 600dpi but since printing them is outside my control and most people reproduce and print at 72dpi I would be creating giant files for no good reason.

Jim

Tony
    UBC Secretary & Web-Manager
    THL Marksman of the Year 2010
    (Airgun Section)