Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Who would be interested in proper printed targets?

Who would be interested in Printed UBC Targets?

Ok so i've successfully printed a target onto the back of a NSRA card. This means that it will be possible to get a load done of all three targets used by the UBC, the 6yrd bulls, the snooker comp and the Police shoot.

Who would be interested in some? I'll get a price on Monday hopefully for quantities per 10 and per 100. Snooker will probably be more expensive due to the colour printing.

If you let me know, this is a non-profit offer and i'm only doing this as a favour for the UBC members.

Thanks

Andy

Pics below show the test print using my laser printer onto a 17x17 NSRA 10M Pistol Card.

The official 10M Pistol Card
    http://farm4.static.flickr.com/3096/...cfdd593f_o.jpg

Printed on the back the UBC 6yd Target (scaled down to fit the 17x17 card)
    http://farm4.static.flickr.com/3576/...5174162c_o.jpg
    Last edited by andythilo; 28-02-2009 at 08:14 AM.

Hi Andy, Printing them yourself is fine, as that is what there are downloaded for. But I don't think we can commerically print them as we don't own the copyright to the Bullseye Target or the Police Postal. The Snooker one is our's and so is the New Bullseye Target we will be using in the 3rd season of comps, and I have our designers working on a new PPC Target.

When we have a full set of UBC Targets then we can think about mass printing. Please feel free to get prices as this will help with future decisions. I have noticed from the threads you hve put up you have put a lot of work into this, and when the time is right I may be asking you to join the UBC Commitee as head of printing and distribution.

We all do our bit for the Club and there is a lot that goes on behind the scene's. Ideas are he things that get bounced around the most with the pro's and con's being worked out, what we can do legally, what's going to be fun etc.

If any one has any idea's for the club please post them on a thread or contact me direct: cookie@UmarexBoysClub.co.uk

Don't for get we have the 2nd UBC meet coming up and the New Snooker Competiton starting soon, so get your names down for both.

atvb

Jason
    Fancy shooting your air pistols & rifles a bit more, then guy's & gal's come visit us at the
    UBC for loads of fun competitions for all types of air pistols and rifles.

Thanks for the advise Jason. I hadn't thought about copyright issues.

I'll do some digging and see if I can find the 'owner' of the artwork and ask for their permission. Would that be ok? or shall I just print for myself and as you said wait until the committee decides what to do? I don't want to step on toes and get anyone into trouble .

Already paid for the next snooker , I'm sure I can make the meet too

Jim McArthur is offline Frock coat wearing, riverboat dwelling, southern gent
    Quote Originally Posted by cookie View Post
    Hi Andy, Printing them yourself is fine, as that is what there are downloaded for. But I don't think we can commerically print them as we don't own the copyright to the Bullseye Target or the Police Postal. The Snooker one is our's and so is the New Bullseye Target we will be using in the 3rd season of comps, and I have our designers working on a new PPC Target.

When we have a full set of UBC Targets then we can think about mass printing. Please feel free to get prices as this will help with future decisions. I have noticed from the threads you hve put up you have put a lot of work into this, and when the time is right I may be asking you to join the UBC Commitee as head of printing and distribution.

We all do our bit for the Club and there is a lot that goes on behind the scene's. Ideas are he things that get bounced around the most with the pro's and con's being worked out, what we can do legally, what's going to be fun etc.

If any one has any idea's for the club please post them on a thread or contact me direct: cookie@UmarexBoysClub.co.uk

Don't for get we have the 2nd UBC meet coming up and the New Snooker Competiton starting soon, so get your names down for both.

atvb

Jason

Correct all around you are, Cookie.

Jim
    UBC's Police Pistol Manager
    "Nasty, noisy things, revolvers, Count. Better stick to air-guns." Sherlock Holmes, The Adventure of the Mazarin Stone

Quote Originally Posted by Jim McArthur View Post
    Correct all around you are, Cookie.

Jim

Maybe i should quit while i'm ahead, Could you tell my wife i'm correct, she has a different opinion of me.

Jason
    Fancy shooting your air pistols & rifles a bit more, then guy's & gal's come visit us at the

Maybe i should quit while i'm ahead, Could you tell my wife i'm correct, she has a different opinion of me.

Jason
    Then again....... I'm re-thinking our thoughts on copyright violations.

I'm thinking that either we are violating copyright in the first place - or we aren't - by printing out the downloaded targets

If we are: then we're not making A copyright violation by having them commercially printed: we're making ANOTHER copyright violation.

If we aren't: then we can have them commercially printed, re-sell them, whatever: NO copyright violation.

The basic idea on copyright isn't to prevent you from making a profit on something on which I hold copyright: it's to prevent you from preventing ME from making a profit on it. If I hold copyright on a book, "HOW TO BE A BETTER PISTOL SHOOTER", and you photocopy and give out 20 copies to your fellow club members: copyright is violated, even though you charged them nothing.

Logic being: you did ME out of 20 potential sales by doing so.

Jim
    "Nasty, noisy things, revolvers, Count. Better stick to air-guns." Sherlock Holmes, The Adventure of the Mazarin Stone

Ur......surely if it needs to be copyright free then the ubc designs its own targets. the ppc would be simple... that guy's pretty ugly anyway. the monthly could simply have rings with alternating black white. Then we're infringing no ones copyright.

Just my two cents worth. How much copyright can there be on a Bulls-eye target?

I'm sure I've seen some target sites inviting people to download and use targets.

Good luck, Phil

Quote Originally Posted by Crabbet View Post
    Ur......surely if it needs to be copyright free then the ubc designs its own targets. the ppc would be simple... that guy's pretty ugly anyway. the monthly could simply have rings with alternating black white. Then we're infringing no ones copyright.
    What, my Uncle John, ugly?!

Jim

Quote Originally Posted by Crabbet View Post
    WE do have our own targets Look Here for our new Bullseye Target and Here for the New Snooker Target. so all we need now is a Police Pistol Bad Guy Target.

Ok lets make this interesting, We do already have our own Target designer's, but if you guy's would like to design us a new Police Pistol target then go for it. it has to be similar in design to the one we already have, but must incorporate the UBC Logo which can be found Here. if a design is chosen for our use, it will become property of the UBC and for the efforts of the winning designer i will send a selection of UBC Goodie's Cap/T-shirt/Pen etc.

Good Luck

Jason
    Last edited by cookie; 01-03-2009 at 01:55 AM.

FYI guys, i've PM'd the creator of the snooker and police pistol targets and he gave full permission to print them as long as I added to the bottom of them 'Courtesy of the UBC' and if it turned into a profit making job that I gave 10% to charity (which it wouldn't be anyway).

Jim (Target Bunny) has even offered to send me the original AutoCAD files for the printers!

edit - seems i'm talking to your designer anyway lol

Quote Originally Posted by andythilo View Post
    FYI guys, i've PM'd the creator of the snooker and police pistol targets and he gave full permission to print them as long as I added to the bottom of them 'Courtesy of the UBC' and if it turned into a profit making job that I gave 10% to charity (which it wouldn't be anyway).

Jim (Target Bunny) has even offered to send me the original AutoCAD files for the printers!

edit - seems i'm talking to your designer anyway lol
    There we go! But it will be fun to have new targets, anyway.

Jim

Quote Originally Posted by Phil G View Post
    Just my two cents worth. How much copyright can there be on a Bulls-eye target?

I'm sure I've seen some target sites inviting people to download and use targets.

Good luck, Phil
    Yes, we could always argue that it's in the public domain, if it's already on the Internet for downloads, and if there's no copyright statement on the target itself.

And as you say: it's dubious whether copyright ever existed on something consisting of nothing but a Bullseye target, or a few of them together, in the first place.

Jim

WE do have our own targets Look Here for our new Bullseye Target and Here for the New Snooker Target. so all we need now is a Police Pistol Bad Guy Target.

Ok lets make this interesting, We do already have our own Target designer's, but if you guy's would like to design us a new Police Pistol target then go for it. it has to be similar in design to the one we already have, but must incorporate the UBC Logo which can be found Here. if a design is chosen for our use, it will become property of the UBC and for the efforts of the winning designer i will send a selection of UBC Goodie's Cap/T-shirt/Pen etc.

Good Luck

Jason
    And then, we'll be ALL set.

Jim

An idea just behind where I live there is a small industrial estate and in one of the units there was a printing firm that printed children's books and cards. Mostly on like birthday card thick card the thing is that if the printing was not exactly spot on they would chuck it in the skip and as it was only printed on one side it would have been idea for printing targets on the other side. Unfortunately they have moved on to larger premises so I cannot get the card now but if anyone has a printers near by it may be worth asking if they would let you have some as it is no good to them has to be worth a try.

Pat
    Last edited by beagle2; 02-03-2009 at 03:51 PM.