Thread: Can anyone age my webely tracker???

Can anyone age my webely tracker???

Webley tracker serial # 17501

Any help would be appreciated

Gareth W-B is offline Retired Mod & Airgun Anorak Extraordinaire
    Quote Originally Posted by Ferrets Bueller View Post
    Webley tracker serial # 17501

Any help would be appreciated
    ... Does the stock feature a pistol grip cap? If so mid 1980s to mid 1990s. If no pistol grip cap, iirc, could be mid 1990s up to 2001 .

Done my bit for the BBS: http://www.airgunbbs.com/showthread....-being-a-mod-… now I’m a game-keeper turned poacher.

Quote Originally Posted by Gareth W-B View Post
    ... Does the stock feature a pistol grip cap? If so mid 1980s to mid 1990s. If no pistol grip cap, iirc, could be mid 1990s up to 2001 .
    Yes it has a pistol grip cap, did they make the tracker up to 2001 i dont recall them doing them that late?

Gareth W-B is offline Retired Mod & Airgun Anorak Extraordinaire
    Quote Originally Posted by Ferrets Bueller View Post
    Yes it has a pistol grip cap, did they make the tracker up to 2001 i dont recall them doing them that late?
    The long barrel Viscount version was certainly available brand new up until 2001 as I bought one, so assumed the short barrel Tracker was available until then too .

As a caveat here however, although available new in 2001, you may have a point so my money is on the Viscount I bought actually being old stock that was manufactured mid 1999 .

Featuring a pistol grip cap your Tracker will be contemporary with the Vulcan MkII then me thinks, which IIRC (and I am sure I do ) puts it firmly in the mid to late 1980s/very early 1990s age bracket .

Atb: G.

Done my bit for the BBS: http://www.airgunbbs.com/showthread....-being-a-mod-… now I’m a game-keeper turned poacher.