Thread: Dismantling my Mod 45.

Dismantling my Mod 45.

I started looking at pulling 'Vera' to bits this afternoon (doesn't everybody name their gun?). The two screws at the front of the stock are straight forwards enough, but at the back are what look like anti tamper plugs. Are they? Clearly there are fixings behind, but no obvious way to remove them. Any experts in the audience care to enlighten me?

I take it you are referring to the Diana/Original 45- if so there are 2 plastic bushes set into either side of the stock- and these hold a steel pin captive between them that passes right through stock and the trigger mech as well, thereby holding the action in the stock.
    Get a similar diameter drill bit or even an oval or round nail and drift this pin out which will then release the stock from the action.

After a number of strip downs, these bushes can become a little worn and in extreme cases can result in too slack a hold on the steel cross pin and its possible loss whilst gun is in use. I think some gun part suppliers still have some of these in stock.

Good luck with the strip down- I have one to do one of mine in the medium term to fit a ptfe head.

Dave

I take it you mean the Original 45? If so, there's a parallel pin (the rear stock fixing) passing through the two plastic bushes. Drift it out.

EDIT: Beaten to the draw by Dave.

Thanks you two, nothing too taxing then. Might be nice to turn up an ally/brass replacement when the plastic ones get shagged.

Wait until....

....someone can provide you with a full strip guide (and then wait until you have agood reason to take it apart - I thought it was working fine?)
    ATB Rich.
    WANTED: Next weeks winning lottery numbers :-)

Quote Originally Posted by BTDT View Post
    I take it you mean the Original 45? If so, there's a parallel pin (the rear stock fixing) passing through the two plastic bushes. Drift it out.

EDIT: Beaten to the draw by Dave.
    Nice abreviated version though Jim

And as we both know- beware that "hair pin esque" saftey catch spring

Dave

Quote Originally Posted by MrGreen View Post
    I started looking at pulling 'Vera' to bits this afternoon (doesn't everybody name their gun?). The two screws at the front of the stock are straight forwards enough, but at the back are what look like anti tamper plugs. Are they? Clearly there are fixings behind, but no obvious way to remove them. Any experts in the audience care to enlighten me?
    think i would leave it untill you know a bit more about them
    if you cant remove the stock without help what chance do you have with the trigger mech

And as we both know- beware that "hair pin esque" saftey catch spring

Dave[/QUOTE]

Boing !!!! Now where the ####*k did that go

You will need a spring clamp to guide the trigger housing back in as well, its not as easy as a HW35 to put back together, the whole trigger housing has to be pushed in square under tention from the main spring.

As above threads said if you not sure how to drift out the x pin, leave Vera well alone..

Will..

Not realy a case of not knowing how, it's just there was nothing obvious and I wasnt going to experiment and end up marking the stock. I only want to take the action out of the stock, the trigger mech has been getting a bit scratchy and I'd like to lube it properly. Although I've never stripped a gun before, my engineering skills are more than adequate.

Not realy a case of not knowing how, it's just there was nothing obvious and I wasnt going to experiment and end up marking the stock. I only want to take the action out of the stock, the trigger mech has been getting a bit scratchy and I'd like to lube it properly. Although I've never stripped a gun before, my engineering skills are more than adequate.
    Be very wary of dismantling the trigger. They are bu99ers to get back together again

no probs mate / it was the pulling VERA to bits thing that worried me
    did not mean to imply that you were not skilled

No worries Mally, I wasn't getting upset, hence the . I'm very grateful for the advice. It does sound less than straight forward though. I'll get my hands on some instructions before I start drifting out pins and so on. Somebody mentioned Chambers, said there might be some info on their website.

Paul I have a nice lump hammer which I will take down the club tommorow if that helps . lol

atvb

Dave
    ]Never explain. Your friends do not need it and your enemies will not believe it anyway. ~ Elbert Hubbard[

Thanks you two, nothing too taxing then. Might be nice to turn up an ally/brass replacement when the plastic ones get shagged.
    That sounds a nice idea
    Will..

Quote Originally Posted by Kingplinker View Post
    Paul I have a nice lump hammer which I will take down the club tommorow if that helps . lol
    As long as it's the polished one, that goes with the Pro sport.