Thread: Unblinged Prewar BSA ......first shoot and I am very happy!

edbear2 Guest

Unblinged Prewar BSA ......first shoot and I am very happy!

Got a reprieve from working at the last moment today, so headed out into my sunny (for once) garden to get the scope on (I have put about 800 shots through it at work through open sights to give it a bit of bedding in)........what a difference some glass makes!.....I love open sights, but this is so much fun now as you can really see what the gun can do....all shots rested on a shotbag and seated.....only potential problem is that the spring loaded plunger that hold the scope tube against the adjusters is a bit weak and the zero seems vague...but the gun is working well!....will sort that, Oh, and the crosshairs look like hairy rope!.....I can hardly see a .22 hole in paper at 20 yards normally, so its really nice to see the holes appear without reaching for the binos

http://www.flickr.com/photos/3122848...7614265676462/

You must be chuffed with that! I must say that scope/rifle combo looks like it's "meant". Would be good to see what it does at 40 yards.

regards, Mike

edbear2 Guest
    will let you know after I get it in our warehouse......my garden is only 20 yards on the diagonal and backs onto the Malvern hills, which is common/conservator run land, and overrun on sundays, with people dressed fit to attack the west approach of K2.........if I tried it where I live I would be shooting out on to the hill and the red sock mob would be after me