Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Lightweight Sporting Rifle Comps

davederrick is offline With our thoughts, we make the world
    My 10/22 really doesn't like any Eley ammo, it just constantly jams the ejected brass, or even misfires (the rim gets dinged but no bang), I keep it exceptionally clean. Put CCI Mini-Mag in it, and it shoots fine all day, 100's rounds & not 1 problem, accurate enough too.

Quote Originally Posted by bullbarrel View Post
    Do the UKPSA have the same LSR rules as the NSRA and ISSF?
    By the sounds of it you concentrate more of rapid fire, where the NSRA is more about precision (I don't mean that in a nagative way ).
    - Light Sporting Rifle is governed by the NSRA. It includes .22 (usually semi-auto) or air guns as appropriate, basically using courses of fire derived from indoor pistol courses.

- Gallery Rifle is governed by the NRA. It generally includes .22s and pistol-calibre carbines (obviously in actions other than s/a), with courses of fire derived from pistol courses.

- Practical Shooting as governed by the UKPSA is a different kettle of fish.

As noted, there are no ISSF rules for LSR or GR as they are national disciplines - everyone else just uses pistols.
    There are no ISSF rules for UKPSA style shooting as they have their own global governing body - IPSC.

Will Target Rifle die out? Probably not. The ISSF are unlikely to be adding LSR to the format any time soon, so if you want to shoot at Commonwealth/Olympic level, it's 10m Air, Prone .22 or 3-Position .22.
    Plus, I think .22 is an excellent introduction to shooting - it teaches the basics of breathing, trigger control, etc before moving onto LSR, GR, fullbore TR, CSR, PR or whatever.

Quote Originally Posted by bullbarrel View Post
    I read the article and immediately contacted the Rifleman and said I was very interested and offered our club as test bed for the instructoir courses and offered myself as a personal guinea pig for the training.

NOT HEARD A WORD BACK!!!
    Who did you speak to? Could have got lost in the system, or maybe they haven't actually got a syllabus for you to test yet. Ask to speak directly to Dave Froggatt - Director of Coaching.

He's also busy creating FT Instructor/Coach courses on behalf of the BFTA, so he's got plenty on his plate as well as preparing the syllabus, establishing a course-instructor network and physically organising courses for LWSR (as well as FT, and all the existing Air/.22 courses).
    Last edited by Hemmers; 07-03-2009 at 01:13 AM.
    "A fear of weapons is a sign of retarded sexual and emotional maturity." Sigmund Freud
    Shooting is my meditation