Thread: Beretta Adjustable Sights question?????

Beretta Adjustable Sights question?????

Does anyone know if the rear adjustable sight is the same on the Beretta as it is on the Colt?

I've looked on JSRs website and the rears look the same, but the fronts look different. They cant check as they dont sell guns anymore so wonderered if anyone on here can answer it?

Also does anyone know if there is a difference between the standard front sight and the replacement adjustable front sight?

Cheers
    Andy

Hi Andy,

I`ve just got the Beretta set to use the rear adjustable sight on my C225, I had to make a new front sight as they have to be taller to go with the adjustable sight.

I believe the rear adjustable sights are generic amongst the Umarex pistols and just the front sight is different, anyone know otherwise?

hope this helps

regards

mike

On the RWS C225, because the rear adjustable sight is higher than the fixed version, the front has to be higher too. Though I don't know if it is the same sight for the Beretta, I would imagine the situation would be the same.

Frankly, though I did buy adjustable sights for the C225, in afterthought I think they were not worth the bother or the cost. At the time of purchase, I had not learned/found out that a pistol shooter uses an "area aim", rather than a precise "point aim" as with a rifle.

Save your money for some other goody and learn to use the fixed sights!
    Walther CP-2 Match, FAS 604 & Tau 7 target pistols, Smith & Wesson 6" & 4" co2 pistol, Crosman 1377,
    Baikal IZH 53 pistol, Gamo CFX Royal,177, Umarex SA-10 CO2 pistol.

Quote Originally Posted by mike145 View Post
    Hi Andy,

I`ve just got the Beretta set to use the rear adjustable sight on my C225, I had to make a new front sight as they have to be taller to go with the adjustable sight.

I believe the rear adjustable sights are generic amongst the Umarex pistols and just the front sight is different, anyone know otherwise?

hope this helps

regards

mike
    Thanks Mike, does that mean you have a spare front sight from the set? I'll buy it off you , if not where did you get your set from?

Quote Originally Posted by derekm View Post
    On the RWS C225, because the rear adjustable sight is higher than the fixed version, the front has to be higher too. Though I don't know if it is the same sight for the Beretta, I would imagine the situation would be the same.

Frankly, though I did buy adjustable sights for the C225, in afterthought I think they were not worth the bother or the cost. At the time of purchase, I had not learned/found out that a pistol shooter uses an "area aim", rather than a precise "point aim" as with a rifle.

Save your money for some other goody and learn to use the fixed sights!

I have to disagree with you Derek. Using proper adjustable sights that are set perfectly to 6yds will yield far better results and scores.

Have to agree with you andy, my groups are now tighter due to the fact that the rear sight aperture is smaller. You could have driven a tank through the gap on the iron sight

mike

ps one tall front sight for a beretta for sale, got my sights from uttings.

Quote Originally Posted by andythilo View Post
    I have to disagree with you Derek. Using proper adjustable sights that are set perfectly to 6yds will yield far better results and scores.
    No problem, it's what works for you.
    Walther CP-2 Match, FAS 604 & Tau 7 target pistols, Smith & Wesson 6" & 4" co2 pistol, Crosman 1377,
    Baikal IZH 53 pistol, Gamo CFX Royal,177, Umarex SA-10 CO2 pistol.