Thread: A few Airsporters

A few Airsporters

Hi members.

The Airsporter that I had up for sale has now found a good home with hwvixen. On the photos attached (that were forwarded to me by hwvixen) it is the top air rifle. We thought members might be interested to see how the Airsporter has evolved. Regards Old Bull

Very nice, have 2 myself Airsporter S series 1.22 and Bsa Stutzen .22. Great rifles, wish i had not sold My Centenary .22 or my Mark 2 .22 . Oh well another 2 to add to list. atb.

I have a mk11 and a mk1. I have owned a mint mk5, a mint RB2 and brother has a nice mk11. I love the feel, the balance and the finnish of the early guns, but if I'm honest, not one of the guns that i have owned has shot consistently. My brother who is an excellent shot also feels that these guns are not very accurate. So why do I regret selling the RB2 (stutzen version) so much.

edbear2 Guest
    Permission to go green from head to toe please!..those are some excellent looking pieces you have there!.again, you will tell i am a BIG fan of these cracking, classic guns

Hi Ed,
    Thought other BBS'ers might like to see some of the variations tween Mk.1's & 2's.....John's model is a "crossover" version of which there are a few varients...there's a couple of Club's there too...if you look hard...one normal length & one "true" shorter version..ATB,Chris.

PS thanks for hosting the pics John......it's gone to a good home.

Photos of Airsporters now enlarged.

edbear2 Guest
    Just been lusting (sorry looking!) at these again........If you consider the construction of the mark 1 guns.......It was a direct follow on from the prewars in that its a two piece action......barrel/breech forging and compression tube.........the mk2 is a three piece item........barrel, breech, tube...SOOO....I can see how, at a certain time, there would be mark 1 tapered barrels and scope grooved mk2 tubes around on the production line and these were used together.......from a production point of view, the mark 2 construction allows for a cheaper, straight barrel to be used (the breech area could well be the same as a mark 1)........so did BSA run out of tapered barrels, and introduce the mark 2 style to save money?...Two last thoughts.......when I finish my currant marriage of a prewar action into an early bsa full stock (really!)......I have been toying with "unsticking" a mark 2 gun, and fitting a match grade barrel......this combined with a reworked spring etc. would be a super sleeper HFT tool, especially if given the rust brown treatment and a well worn stock!.......final thought, with these various odds and ends around at the BSA factory at the time........is there out there somewhere, a .177 club MK1 barrel, mated to a MK2 scope grooved cylinder, in a sile one piece stock!........now THAT would be the one to have