Thread: Two very early (1st batch) BSA pre war underlevers.

Two very early (1st batch) BSA pre war underlevers.

These two from my collection are to go together.....

1st...BSA .177 underlever serial No.1545 it measures 43 inch's long."Duck's bill" type under lever without strengthining fillets & early loading tap as you would expect on this very early BSA.Long tang trigger guard & full pistol grip stock with metal butt plate.BSA trade mark logo impressed into stock.Everything there,brown patina to the finish & shoots very nice.There is a 1 inch divot to the top of the stock,but this doesn't detract from this being a really nice original unrestored example of BSA.

2nd...BSA .177 underlever serial No.2103 again measuring 43 inch."Duck's bill" without strengthening fillets & early tap.Shoots nicely & has brown smooth patina finish.Now the bad bit's...no Foresight or rearsight wheel,the long tang trigger guard has been broken & braized together.The stock has been refinished,has a small hole where a rearsight was fitted & has a missing piece where the rear block meets the stock........but in saying all that,it's still a really nice piece.

I've not got my "Bible" to hand...so can't tell you the manufactured dates...but they are very early BSA's.Perhaps one of the experts might add them to this thread...please.My descriptions are honest ones & I can Email you detailed Pics if Req....

As these are early historic Beezas i'm asking £300 plus post.(UK) For the two......No one under 18 please & you may collect if Req.Thank you.
    Last edited by hwvixen; 03-03-2009 at 01:49 PM. Reason: Price reduction.

Both 1st batch BSA Air Rifles (Lincoln Jeffries Patent) Sept-Dec 1905.

snipperuk Guest

Thanks fellow BBS's....I thought they were early ones..! Does that make them from the first year of manufacture...?

Back to the top for two 100+ year old Beeezas...

Quote Originally Posted by hwvixen View Post
    Thanks fellow BBS's....I thought they were early ones..! Does that make them from the first year of manufacture...?
    Yep 1905 was the first year of full production for the Lincolns and the BSA versions.

Thanks Danny,
    I know I will regret selling them....but i'm a crap shot with open sights & they need to be used really....

Pm's & Email answered.....still for sale....

Now reduced.....as I have me peepers on something else..

pm sent

Will take them please for agreed price thanks again.

SOLD to LUVGUNS.......