Thread: Another Mod D Improved BSA

Another Mod D Improved BSA

Due to new info I'm keeping the Club I didn't know I had !!!!

Last edited by pistolpete1; 19-03-2009 at 11:30 PM.

Hi Pete
    you have a bit of a hybrid here,its later than the model D,(36/39)but quite a rarer one,with an earlier stock , if that makes sense ...
    TIM
    Last edited by tjg; 19-03-2009 at 05:03 PM.
    If men had wings and bore black feathers, few of them would be clever enough to be crows...

Thumbs up mod d ?

What should the correct model name be? I noticed that the main pivot through the underlever was a pin rather than shouldered bolt, held in position by the tap casting.I do have another stock with the "BSA" in the chequering, I think this was on originally, as I got both rifles together,at some point the have been switched. I might keep it then

Any more info would be appreciated gents !!!

Hi pete,
    Your dead right about the underlever pin..Your stock should have BSA in the chequering... a small pistol grip..no butt plate..a plug,as Garath often refers to ..Its a club..according to hiller, about 3000 made..
    TIM
    If men had wings and bore black feathers, few of them would be clever enough to be crows...

Thumbs up club

yes your right on the money, the stocks have been changed at some point, the butt has no plate, but a recessed rebated hole to access the stock bolt.This has a cover.
    i'll deffo keep it then. I'll change them over.

These are the Ser nos I have if someone can check them out for me 51288 .22 sidecatch 8908 .177 bayonet
    Last edited by pistolpete1; 19-03-2009 at 05:38 PM.

Tim