Thread: new air arms pistol

new air arms pistol

Evening, last night one of our regulars at club turned up with one of these air arms pistols. Not a fan of prexcharged myself but nice piece of kit. its made in the czech republic and reminded me of Alpha Prodd pistoil, maybe wrong on that. Nice build standard and accurate. Any thoughts on this pistol, i use an Hammerli master myself or an Original 10 for serious target work, for fun a 2240, or if i am feeling retro one of my "real " Webleys.

Hi this is the Alfa Proj Sport Co2 Pistol, but in the PCP format with a blue barrel shroud. Look Here

It's a lot of money for not a lot of pistol.

Jason
    Fancy shooting your air pistols & rifles a bit more, then guy's & gal's come visit us at the
    UBC for loads of fun competitions for all types of air pistols and rifles.

Hi Jason yes thats it exactly, so i was right then it is an Alpha Proj, so if its expensive in pre charged what about co2! atb Dave Payne.

Norwich 'A Fine City' (unless you're a driver)
    Which Czech firm makes these and the S200?

http://www.air-arms.co.uk/products_pistol.html

I thought it was never going to happen considering it was due about two and a half years ago.

I have shot the CO2 one and will say the precharged one should be good.
    Zastava Owners Club.

Quote Originally Posted by cookie View Post
    Hi this is the Alfa Proj Sport Co2 Pistol, but in the PCP format with a blue barrel shroud. Look Here

Jason
    I've got the CO2 version. It's a nice little gun, if you buy it at the Czech price, but £530 for the PCP version from Air Arms is GROSSLY OTT.

Rip-off Britain once again

"ogilkes Which Czech firm makes these and the S200?"

The AA PCP is made by Alfa Proj and the AA S200 is made by CZ, both excellent Czech gunmakers. Both guns would be good value at Czech prices too.
    Walther CP-2 Match, FAS 604 & Tau 7 target pistols, Smith & Wesson 6" & 4" co2 pistol, Crosman 1377,
    Baikal IZH 53 pistol, Gamo CFX Royal,177, Umarex SA-10 CO2 pistol.

Thumbs up AA Pistol

Jason
    Your both right, tried 1 @ local dealer, shoots VERY well, sadly not what i want...mike...

So how come its so expensive here!, it cant be that much of a technical exercise to switch the valves to work from co2 to air can it! i am not an enginieer but on asking a friend who is he stated no not that big a problem. Any ideas guys!.

Quote Originally Posted by fat man View Post
    Hi Jason yes thats it exactly, so i was right then it is an Alpha Proj, so if its expensive in pre charged what about co2! atb Dave Payne.
    Hi Dave, the Co2 Classic version which is the same pistol just minus the shroud is around £350 and sport version (with shroud) is just over £400. I have shot the Classic and it's a great little Pistol.

I look at the price of the air arms and think I paid slightly more for my second Hand Steyr LP10 and i know which i would rather have.

atvb

Jason
    Fancy shooting your air pistols & rifles a bit more, then guy's & gal's come visit us at the
    UBC for loads of fun competitions for all types of air pistols and rifles.

Quote Originally Posted by ogilkes View Post
    Which Czech firm makes these and the S200?
    CZ makes the s200

Hi Dave, the Co2 Classic version which is the same pistol just minus the shroud is around £350 and sport version (with shroud) is just over £400. I have shot the Classic and it's a great little Pistol.

I look at the price of the air arms and think I paid slightly more for my second Hand Steyr LP10 and i know which i would rather have.

atvb

Jason
    I bought the shrouded CO2 version from the Czech Republic 3 years ago, at their RRP of (then) 215 Euros inc VAT at 19.5%. Post to UK was 20 Euros inc VAT. The Euro/£ rate at the time was 1.4099, making the total cost to me £165, nothing more to pay; no Vat, no import duty, nada.

I know the £ has gone down to 1.1127 Euro/£, but you do the maths and decide if there is maybe a rip-off factor somewhere.

£153 to just over £400 in around 1500 miles and 3 years. Someone is really taking the p*ss.

I'll go and make a coffee while the excuses such as warranties, spares, distributors etc. roll in. lol
    Walther CP-2 Match, FAS 604 & Tau 7 target pistols, Smith & Wesson 6" & 4" co2 pistol, Crosman 1377,

Gun prices in Czech Republic & next door in Slovakia

I bought my CZ Slavia 631 in sep 2006 at £61.78 equivalent. When I was over last month, I checked the price of the 631 while I was buying a 634 and the 631 is now £139.71 equivalent. What is going on??
    CZ 200T/200 S Hunter/200 S Green/Slavia ZVP/612/614/615/618/620/622/624/625/627/630/631/634/ZVS Perun 734/CZ236-1/Tex3/86/Brno ZII/ZV3/ZV4/VZ47/APP661/Relum/Mars 618/Stella 518/Predom 188/170/Yunker 1/2/Lov21/Baikal IJ22/IJ38/Vostok/IZH61/IZH53M/MP512M/MP654K/MP661K

The Pound is down 27% against the Euro in 3 years and I think that the Czechs have some inflation as they play catch-up with the established EU.

That accounts for some of the increases, but 150 to 400!!!!!!

Smile Ratgunner

Bit confused here,
    saw one of those BRNO Czech Co2 pistols go for quids 130 second hand at Kibworth Nr Leicester seemed almost identical to the CZ Skoda version at nowhere near the same price, Wots Happened??

I'm guessing BRNO Czech may be Aeron, but what is CZ Skoda?

Some of the CO2 pistols do seem to sell for not a lot s/h, I imagine because of the mainly unfounded (IMO) fear of CO2 temperature/velocity problems. All the more reason to snap up a bargain, if their owners really must go PCP

The trade is still asking rather silly prices for some of these guns, so someone must be buying new, even at British prices.