Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Which CO2 pistol

Which CO2 pistol

Just looking for opinions/comments on which manufacturer produces best CO2 pistols, and those to avoid. Which ones produce good fps/power? any recommended retailers?
    What do you have??

Regards
    FX verminator .22

Hi there,

What areyou after it for?

Plinking, or paper target work?

Tony
    UBC Secretary & Web-Manager
    THL Marksman of the Year 2010
    (Airgun Section)

Jim McArthur is offline Frock coat wearing, riverboat dwelling, southern gent
    Umarex makes good CO2 pistols, if you're looking for cartridge pistol lookalikes and / or multi-shot plinkers.

Crosman makes a pretty powerful single shot, I'm told.

Jim
    UBC's Police Pistol Manager
    "Nasty, noisy things, revolvers, Count. Better stick to air-guns." Sherlock Holmes, The Adventure of the Mazarin Stone

Quote Originally Posted by Phantom Sniper View Post
    Hi there,

What areyou after it for?

Plinking, or paper target work?

Tony
    Both really, mainly plinking tho i guess
    I had a go on an umarex 92f, good little gun, didnt seem to powerful tho, and the sights were a bit naff
    FX verminator .22

gouldy27 is offline IPAS and Smith and Wesson lover
    i have an smith and wesson it is a perfectly acurate C02 pistol for me but i donno about u

I don't really think you can beat the Umarex 586/686 S+ W look alike for fun plinking, and I think Jim agrees

Although it is in no way a target pistol its more accurate than you would think too. 6" barrel is probably all round best.

If power is all important, I suggest getting a crosman 2240 (should be able to get a cheap one s/h oin there easily) and fitting an RJ Machine or Crooked barn steel breech. Polish the trigger sears and its not a bad pistol, and runs close enough to the limit.

TBH you'll have more fun with the Umarex. Its easier to silence too, the crosman will take a silence but you have to lose the front sight.

I've never taken to the Umarex clones that have the little 8 pellet magazines, like the CP88 and the like, but it may well just be me.

Jim McArthur is offline Frock coat wearing, riverboat dwelling, southern gent
    Quote Originally Posted by Jerry Cornelius View Post
    I don't really think you can beat the Umarex 586/686 S+ W look alike for fun plinking, and I think Jim agrees

Although it is in no way a target pistol its more accurate than you would think too. 6" barrel is probably all round best.

If power is all important, I suggest getting a crosman 2240 (should be able to get a cheap one s/h oin there easily) and fitting an RJ Machine or Crooked barn steel breech. Polish the trigger sears and its not a bad pistol, and runs close enough to the limit.

TBH you'll have more fun with the Umarex. Its easier to silence too, the crosman will take a silence but you have to lose the front sight.

I've never taken to the Umarex clones that have the little 8 pellet magazines, like the CP88 and the like, but it may well just be me.
    I second Jerry's message all the way!

Jim
    UBC's Police Pistol Manager
    "Nasty, noisy things, revolvers, Count. Better stick to air-guns." Sherlock Holmes, The Adventure of the Mazarin Stone

Smile Ratgunner

Co2 ain't getting cheaper??

How about a spring gun with free air if you want power HW45 .22 accuracy and a bit of poke HW 40 also free air,

Check out Weihrauch's site,

Best of Luck.

I agree with popular opinion, Umarex make great little pistols which are a lot of fun, but i do love the power of the Crosman 1740/2240 and there are no end of mods for this pistol. But don't forget about the Sheridan EB this is true power house.

Though Ratgunner has a good point with the HW40/45 both great pistols.

Jason
    Fancy shooting your air pistols & rifles a bit more, then guy's & gal's come visit us at the
    UBC for loads of fun competitions for all types of air pistols and rifles.

Quote Originally Posted by ratgunner View Post
    Co2 ain't getting cheaper??

How about a spring gun with free air if you want power HW45 .22 accuracy and a bit of poke HW 40 also free air,

Check out Weihrauch's site,

Best of Luck.
    At 30p per 12g and 50 to 80 shots depending on gun, it's hardly getting expensive. For accurate plinking and lots of fun, I doubt there's better than the Umarex S & W.
    Walther CP-2 Match, FAS 604 & Tau 7 target pistols, Smith & Wesson 6" & 4" co2 pistol, Crosman 1377,
    Baikal IZH 53 pistol, Gamo CFX Royal,177, Umarex SA-10 CO2 pistol.

co2

i have a walther cp-99 and cp-88 pitols .177 and they are great fun, but am looking for a target pistol as want to get bit more involved..

willy

Quote Originally Posted by secret squirrel View Post
    i have a walther cp-99 and cp-88 pitols .177 and they are great fun, but am looking for a target pistol as want to get bit more involved..

willy
    Depends what you want to spend.
    Daisy 717, 747 are cheap but very accurate and self contained.
    A S/H Alfa, Aeron or Tau in CO2 flavour if you want to spend more.
    Any of the above can get you into the 90s if you can operate them
    Walther CP-2 Match, FAS 604 & Tau 7 target pistols, Smith & Wesson 6" & 4" co2 pistol, Crosman 1377,
    Baikal IZH 53 pistol, Gamo CFX Royal,177, Umarex SA-10 CO2 pistol.

BigEars Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by secret squirrel View Post

willy
    PCP Rohm twinmasters are good if you can afford them and have access to air. Very accurate out to 20m. HW40/75 would be a good target choice too, self contained, no recoil.

Quote Originally Posted by BigEars View Post
    PCP Rohm twinmasters are good if you can afford them and have access to air. Very accurate out to 20m. HW40/75 would be a good target choice too, self contained, no recoil.
    Just about to post pretty much what Alan said. I picked up a second hand Rohm trainer for £150. 8 shot or single shot mags, CO2. Very accurate and will take a scope or red dot, ideal for target or plinking but a bit dearer than the Umarex.

If the Rohm is too pricey I'd go for a 6" S&W 586

Regards

Richard
    Last edited by Enthusiast; 11-03-2009 at 12:37 PM.
    http://www.ford-hft.org.uk
    You come into this world with nothing, go out in debt and you've made a profit

Got a Rohm co2 trainer on order. Had a S&W 6inch before and that was ok.
    Steve
    Floccinaucinihilipilificator.