Thread: s410 classic vs carbine

s410 classic vs carbine

i bought a s410 classic about a year ago and had to sell because i needed the money. i loved it while i had it and really had no complaints whatsoever. im now in the position where i can buy a new air rifle but am not sure what to get. as i said the s410 classic was great and i dont want to ge a worse gun than that. there seem to be a lot of s410 carbines on the market but was not sure if the shorter barrel would make it less accurate than the classic. i was very proud of my standing shot capabilities and the carbine being shorter should make it lighter and therefore easier to shoot accurately from standing but if it is a lot less accurate than the classic then im not sure i want it. has anyone compared the two?

Renegade Master is offline They mostly come at night, mostly
    As far as I know (from reading previous threads) there is no difference in accuracy between the two. I have a carbine and find it highly accurate.

Hi

I had a similar dilema over a year ago
    Tried both --- bought both and after a month sold the carbine
    i just felt it was better with the classic
    but not a lot in it

Its personal preference i guess

Max Bob

Thumbs up classic

more shots with the classic
    acting like a pig with a musket

I tried both but i bought the carbine, nothing between them from a bench but my standers are better with the carbine.
    Best to try both if you can.

I agree accuracy wise there is nothing in it, I would say if your a Hunter go with the Carbine, easier to manouver. If your a target shooter go for the Classic with the higher shot count.

atvb

Jason
    Fancy shooting your air pistols & rifles a bit more, then guy's & gal's come visit us at the
    UBC for loads of fun competitions for all types of air pistols and rifles.

[QUOTE=cookie;3351381]I agree accuracy wise there is nothing in it, I would say if your a Hunter go with the Carbine, easier to manouver. If your a target shooter go for the Classic with the higher shot count. and better balance
    Good advice
    hold me back !!

I am lucky having both, a aa400 in ginb stock with fac cylinder very long very heavy and super accurate, and just put together a .177 carbine in a leftie stock, only trialed in restricted garden range of 7m max , very impressed with it so far, going to try it out on our ft range at local club, its a lot lighter and more handlable, but got to see what its like over longer ranges

Hi,
    I owned both a while back,and in my case I found the carbine to be slightly more accurate than the classic.When fired the carbines action was noticeably louder,but with HW silencers on,muzzle noise was about the same.
    From memory I got about 56 shots from the carbine(15 fps spread) to the classics 80-odd.
    HTH,
    Chris.

wierd thing is with my converted classic to carbine I am getting 70 plus full power shots in .177, dont think it has a reg but I do seem to be getting very good results from it

s410

we are talking about 4" more and 20 more pellets
    "The grass is always greener on the other side"

ive got a classic ,carbine ,and the tdr and there is nothing between all 3 for me , i find the thumbhole stock looks much better on the carbine than the classic though ,and i play more with both carbine and tdr( even with the poor shot count )than i do with the classic
    .22 bsa superstar, gamo shadow igt.22,umarex850 tactical,aa410k, .aa410tdr.177 aa410 classic thumbhole.
    live long and prosper,think not long tails