Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Nikko Stirling Targetmaster 10-50x60

Palmanda is offline I just keep falling for it!!

Nikko Stirling Targetmaster 10-50x60

Chaps,

I am after some info on the new Nikko Targetmaster 10-50x60 scope with FT ret...

have any of you used one yet?.....what do you think about them?

Wifey wants a new scope for her birthday and Im thninking about one of these

Let me know what you all think?

P.S

Any reason i cant post in the General Airgun section?

No one tried one out yet?...

Anyone?

I have the 24x44 'old' Targetmaster and the image quality is first rate.It has screw in metal lens caps and target turrets of a useful proportion not the giant towers one sometimes sees.
    Bought off this board.
    More likley to catch on your gun cabinet etc.
    Focuses down to about 10 yards.
    I also compared it to my Kowa TSN3 Florite Crystal 77mm lens scope and would say it still very good for longer ranges too.
    Hope that helps.
    Graham
    Last edited by manxteddy; 12-03-2009 at 06:47 PM. Reason: aDDITION
    Designer of BASC Logo

Quote Originally Posted by Palmanda View Post
    No one tried one out yet?...
    There's one in CSFTA, but i havent had a chance to peek through it, beyond a 2 sec glimpse.

Anyone had a chance to test this scope yet and how it compares to some other scopes for FT?

Hmm

Bought one this week
    I found the optics were soft compared to my MTC 8 x 32 x 60.
    Also the focusing was not as smooth as the MTC either and there seems to be a lot of play in the focussing wheel.
    Thinking of sending it back to have it checked out.

Sauron, isn't at 50mag the rangefinding better than the 32mag Viper?

Nope I find that the image in the one I bought is very poor compared to my MTC 8x32x60. I like the reticule but the image not up to what it should be, in my opinion.
    It almost feels like the lenses are not lined up correctly. The image seems passable at centre but very blurred nearer edges.

Well they dont sound too promising so far....anyone else used one?

Im not sure weather to get a targetmaster now or wait and look for a second hand Big Nikko......

What you probably have to weigh up is the difference between 2nd hand and new prices.

Yep, a big nikko will almost definately do a better job (although i havent looked through the targetmaster yet)... but sometimes people just want to dip their toe or buy new, so there's that option.

I think my plan will be a second hand Big Nikko.....

Tried one of the big Targetmasters with the FT reticle recently, and compared it to a MTC Viper 32 mag. Of the two scopes I tried, the Nikko had better optics, with the MTC being more cloudy round the perimeter of the sight field. The targetmaster was not anywhere near the optical quality of say a Leupold or even a Bushnell elite, but in my opinion, neither are the Diamond series I've tried (though are a little better than a Targetmaster). The image was not blurred around the perimeter of the site field, nor was there any backlash in the parallax wheel as stated in an earlier thread, it seems that there maybe a diiference in quality between individual scopes. The parallaxing was very precise, with the image blurring with very small movements of the wheel, on the other hand the divisions between say 50 and 55 yards, are small but again similar to an MTC. The turret action on both scopes was precise and positive, with both returning to their original zero after adjustment for distance. For under £300 I don't think you will go far wrong with either scope, with the Nikko maybe edging it with it's higher spec mag?

Surprised!!!!!!

After just coming back from the Midlands Game Fair and visiting the MTC Optics Stand I asked Gary Cooper what was the best scope for FT shooting and unexpectedly he recommended the Nikko Stirling Target Master. He told me that it was the best scope for the job. Quite surprised at his answer because I was looking to get the Viper but now I an undecided!!!!

So he's not heard of Burris, Leupold, Bushnell, or March, to name but a few.