Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Nikko Stirling Targetmaster 10-50x60

Target master

I had one of these up till recently when i sold it complete on my gun, excellent optics, range finding was superb, as good as my big nikko mk3 and for the money was a good buy. I liked the illuminated ret they should provide that on the big nikkos. I give them a thumbs up. Neal there are better scopes but not at this sort of money thats what Gary at MTC may have thought.

Question Target Master 10-50 x 60 problems...

How many of you Guy,s out there have had any problems with the new Nikko Target Master scopes. I bought one at the end of last year, which was a 10-50 x 60 which I returned due to some of the finish missing under the top pop-up turret, and also the very cloudy nature of the optics at full mag.;together with the crosshairs been out of square with the turret centres. I had to wait a few months for a new shipment to arrive into the country, and I have managed to get it replaced, but as yet I have not had the pleasure of using the crossbow to which it is fitted to as I am not able to shoot the weapon safely at the moment due to ill-health. I do have a fellow member in the gun club I belong to, who has had alot of problems with his, including loosing the indexing in his top turret, and also the unscrewing of the same turret from the main tube...I think he sumed it up like this...."I wish I never bought the Bloody thing!" I think that the makers are on the limits of what they can do for the price that the scopes are been sold at. If they could improve their engineering quality the scope would be up there as a target scope of choice, as it has so many of the features that shooters want....

Heard all over forums Nikko Stirling is having more and more quality control issues, including the Big Nikko Diamond MKIII FT model (see South Africa air gun forums); so with regards to your Target Master, It seems unfortunately for you..excuse the pun....a hit and miss issue ! ...I have the TM 6-24X56 illuminated one, for over 2 years and can't complain.

Oh and almost forgot...apparently the importer for the USA for Nikko was so fed up with faulty returns...he has dropped the account.

The owners for Nikko are an Australian outfit, if you do more digging on Google....am just surprised by their lack of oversight on QC...

Best bet is to contact UK agent HighlandOutdoors, and ask them blank out what the heck is going on.
    Last edited by JG66; 08-10-2011 at 12:23 AM.

Targetmaster.

Had a chance to look through one of these last week.
    Didn't think it was anywhere near as good as my Diamond which is new.
    But comparing cost it probably is good value if you do not want to pay the
    extra for Diamond, Leups,etc, etc.
    I beleive they do a decent size wheel for these at quite a reasonable price.