OK,

Been looking for a compact replacement for my Leupold Wind River range finding bins.

I elected to purchase a Leica CRF 1200 for several reasons:
Quality of optics
Compact size
Illuminated display so as it could be used at night.

Upon initial un-boxing/inspection it was very apparent just how small ths unit is. However, the positioning of control button and viewfinder are spot on so not in the least bit fiddly.
Optic quality is first class as one would expect, even when looking into sunlight or dim areas. As yet I have not attempted to use this item instead of a pair of binoculars while stalking, although this will be on my list of 'to do's'.

Speed of unit is amazing, the distance calculation is almost instant and very clear on the illuminated LED display. Range finding reticule is fairly well proportioned and illuminated too. I have not found it obscures anything as yet.

As the unit is so small keeping it completely steady is not alltogether easy. I'm sure that with a little more practise this will become very easy and not an issue.
On a plus side, with regard to the size: It fits into all but the very smallest pocket in my jacket.

Initially my rating is 9 out of 10.

Will update this review after more field testing.

Kind Regards
Peter