Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: March Police Pistol starts 14 March!

Jim McArthur is offline Frock coat wearing, riverboat dwelling, southern gent

March Police Pistol starts 14 March!

Main match, same as usual.

Side match: a REAL toughie! Got the idea from 38thFoot: I expect to see many "zero" scores.

It's designed to simulate you, driving or riding in a vehicle, and having to shoot through the windscreen or out the side window.

SO: first stage, you're the driver, holding the sterring wheel with the hand of your choice, and shooting with the other hand. Of course, you're SEATED throughout this whole course, so pull a chair out into yer garden.

The pistol can NOT be held at eye level! It must be held lower, and behind, but not directly behind, the hand on the steering wheel.

In position? Fire 3 shots, fast!

Second stage: still seated in your "vehicle", you're driving in England so the side window's on your right. Use your left hand as the window frame, to brace your right (firing) hand, which is extended full length "out the window".

Third stage: this time you're a driver in the US (or a passenger in the UK) and are firing with your left hand out the left side window. So, your right hand serves as window frame and braces your left (firing) hand.

Sound like fun?

9 shots total, Maximum score 90.

All scores due to me by midnight on the 22nd (as the 22nd becomes the 23rd). Good luck!

Jim
    UBC's Police Pistol Manager
    "Nasty, noisy things, revolvers, Count. Better stick to air-guns." Sherlock Holmes, The Adventure of the Mazarin Stone

Thats sadistic evil but I like it
    If I score nowt, I aint submitting
    Mind you if I aint got any Co2 I aint submitting either

Jim

Tony
    UBC Secretary & Web-Manager
    THL Marksman of the Year 2010
    (Airgun Section)

I suspect a lot of us will be running out of C02, practicing for this one, Tony!

Cheers!

Jim
    "Nasty, noisy things, revolvers, Count. Better stick to air-guns." Sherlock Holmes, The Adventure of the Mazarin Stone

Ok guy's this is definately a bit different, but saftey first please. Make sure you have a large suitable back stop for stray pellets, If like me you don't and can't build one, i would prefer it that you don't shoot in the side shoot.

Jason
    Fancy shooting your air pistols & rifles a bit more, then guy's & gal's come visit us at the
    UBC for loads of fun competitions for all types of air pistols and rifles.

Quote Originally Posted by cookie View Post
    Ok guy's this is definately a bit different, but saftey first please. Make sure you have a large suitable back stop for stray pellets, If like me you don't and can't build one, i would prefer it that you don't shoot in the side shoot.

Jason
    ummm didn't think of that,

oh I know! I've got a couple of sheds I can use

Tony
    (Airgun Section)

OK: due to certain questions that have been raised about safety, I'm going to modity the below rules somewhat.

On Stage 1: you WILL raise the pistol to eye level, and use the sights.

On Stages 2 and 3, you will simulate leaning your head out the vehicle's window, and use the sights.

Jim

Quote Originally Posted by Jim McArthur View Post
    Main match, same as usual.

Side match: a REAL toughie! Got the idea from 38thFoot: I expect to see many "zero" scores.

It's designed to simulate you, driving or riding in a vehicle, and having to shoot through the windscreen or out the side window.

SO: first stage, you're the driver, holding the sterring wheel with the hand of your choice, and shooting with the other hand. Of course, you're SEATED throughout this whole course, so pull a chair out into yer garden.

The pistol can NOT be held at eye level! It must be held lower, and behind, but not directly behind, the hand on the steering wheel.

Second stage: still seated in your "vehicle", you're driving in England so the side window's on your right. Use your left hand as the window frame, to brace your right (firing) hand, which is extended full length "out the window".

Third stage: this time you're a driver in the US (or a passenger in the UK) and are firing with your left hand out the left side window. So, your right hand serves as window frame and braces your left (firing) hand.

Sound like fun?

9 shots total, Maximum score 90.

All scores due to me by midnight on the 22nd (as the 22nd becomes the 23rd). Good luck!

Jim

Nicely revised there Jim.

Happy Shooting one and all.

atvb

Jason
    Fancy shooting your air pistols & rifles a bit more, then guy's & gal's come visit us at the
    UBC for loads of fun competitions for all types of air pistols and rifles.

The original intent was always to use the sites, the point is that you are firing from an un-natural-constrained position.

AA S410K .22, BSA Supersport .22, HW40 .177, Umarex Berretta 92fs .177 Webley Junior .177 (1954)

Starts Today!

Get that Co2 pistol and the Dirty Harry mindset both out of the locker, mates, because the UBC Police Pistol and Side Match start today!

Through March 22.

Jim

Five days Remaining!

Only five days left in which to shoot your March Police Pistol main competition and side shoot (and yes, you are welcome to shoot both, or main only, OR side only).

Three main match scores submitted so far. NO side match scores submitted so far.

Jim

Quote Originally Posted by Jim McArthur View Post
    Only five days left in which to shoot your March Police Pistol main competition and side shoot

Three main match scores submitted so far. NO side match scores submitted so far.

Jim
    Oh darn,
    I only got 3 x co2 bulbs left & no chance of getting any more for at least a week and a half

Now do I use the 357 or the R77 for this??? ummmm.......

Tony

Jim, AG Mag in mail Lemmie know when you get it.
    (Airgun Section)

Thanks for the mag, Tony. Also for reminding me that I need to order some more C02!

Jim

Just posted my side shoot score off to Jim.

TV 3 hits, sky box 3 hits, bookcase 3 hits,, should have gone outside for this one:

My scores have improved this month, was it the practice, was it the new adjustable sights or was it the new target

http://i661.photobucket.com/albums/u.../NewTarget.jpg

Do you think Jim will notice?

=

Quote Originally Posted by mike145 View Post

TV 3 hits, sky box 3 hits, bookcase 3 hits,, should have gone outside for this one:

9 hits, wow, I'm just glad I didn't enter this comp'. Good shooting buddy

Good luck, Phil

Quote Originally Posted by mike145 View Post

My scores have improved this month, was it the practice, was it the new adjustable sights or was it the new target

http://i661.photobucket.com/albums/u.../NewTarget.jpg

Nah! He's not very observant.

What's different about it?

Jim