Thread: CO2 in Umarex

CO2 in Umarex

Ay up

Im sure i read somewhere that its best to avoid CO2 capsules containing lube(like Crossman) in Umarex pistols .

Is that correct?
    If it is which ones are lube free?

Cheers
    BSA Superten BBK (Blueprinted), BSA Ultra SS Regged, Tanfoglio Witness, Umarex 1911
    and many, many bows and slingshots

Hi, I did read somewhere and i think it was a Umarex Manual, that lubed co2 is not recommended. Saying that up until a few months back all i used in all my co2 pistols (and i had a few) was Crosman Co2 and never had any problems. I now use the non branded non lubed ones offered by our sponser as it's a lot cheaper and again no problems with this.

All I would say is use what ever you want, use a little Pellgunoil on every other capsule to keep seals moist and clean and maintain your pistol and you can't go far wrong. though everyone does have there opinion on this.

hope this helps

Jason
    Fancy shooting your air pistols & rifles a bit more, then guy's & gal's come visit us at the
    UBC for loads of fun competitions for all types of air pistols and rifles.

Hi Jason, have you got an address for someone that might send me some Pellgunoil, pretty please?
    atvb Dave

Thing is crossman make pellgun oil, so surely it is similar to what they put in their capsules.
    www.hwownersforum.freeforums.org

Thanks for that Cookie
    BSA Superten BBK (Blueprinted), BSA Ultra SS Regged, Tanfoglio Witness, Umarex 1911
    and many, many bows and slingshots

Quote Originally Posted by Ric O'shay View Post
    Ay up

Im sure i read somewhere that its best to avoid CO2 capsules containing lube(like Crossman) in Umarex pistols .

Is that correct?
    If it is which ones are lube free?

Cheers
    I have made a couple of posts about this in the past.

It was Dynamit Nobel, now Ruag Ammotec, the then importers of the Umarex RWS C225 who said that Crosman cartridges gummed up the workings of the guns. They recommended Walther, or any cartridges that did not contain oil.

I use JSR unbranded in my Alfa and S & W, without any problems whatsoever. At 30p each, why pay more?
    Walther CP-2 Match, FAS 604 & Tau 7 target pistols, Smith & Wesson 6" & 4" co2 pistol, Crosman 1377,
    Baikal IZH 53 pistol, Gamo CFX Royal,177, Umarex SA-10 CO2 pistol.

Quote Originally Posted by derekm View Post
    I have made a couple of posts about this in the past.

It was Dynamit Nobel, now Ruag Ammotec, the then importers of the Umarex RWS C225 who said that Crosman cartridges gummed up the workings of the guns. They recommended Walther, or any cartridges that did not contain oil.

I use JSR unbranded in my Alfa and S & W, without any problems whatsoever. At 30p each, why pay more?
    Cheer's Derek it must have been your post i read. Yes Crosman do make pellgunoil, the difference is you put a tiny drop on the end of the capsule to stop the seal drying out, unlike their capsules that pushes oil through the internals. But like i said I used crosman with out any problems and now use the ones from JSR because they are a lot cheaper.
    Fancy shooting your air pistols & rifles a bit more, then guy's & gal's come visit us at the
    UBC for loads of fun competitions for all types of air pistols and rifles.