Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: .22RF Target Rifle for a Youngster...

You want an old BSA Mk1 martini, still the best action I have used, not only that you can ping the ejected case of the roof and onto your mate a few FP down ;-)

R

Quote Originally Posted by RobF View Post
    Hmm... not the one's i've used including the international. Always been too light if anything, and way off a 18/1913. Perhaps i've just used odd ones

The early models are lighter in build. The MK2 International I shoot is certainly a heavy rifle, although IIRC some models are about with synthetic stocks which would make a difference.

Quote Originally Posted by Korium View Post
    The early models are lighter in build. The MK2 International I shoot is certainly a heavy rifle, although IIRC some models are about with synthetic stocks which would make a difference.
    Ah, so i've been using old ones, not odd ones Ta

(thanks for the cartridge rain Rich... )

When I was a cadet (6F Sqn Romford 78-83) the squadron was lucky enough to have it's own 25 yard indoor range. As well as the No8 Enfields which were hardly ever used we also had two Anschutz and two BSA Martini target rifles. The Anschutz were both lightweight Match 64's and the Martinis were also about the same weight. Very early on I decided the Anschutz was the better rifle and have used one pretty much ever since. Apart from my fist rifle which was a Valmet Finnish Lion.

Al

Second the BSA 12/15. We've got one at my club specifically for the junior shooters. Alternatively the Match 64 or UIT --07 rifles will also be suitable, though likely to be more expensive. It might be worth a call to the Army Rifle Association at Hythe Lodge, Bisley. The Army invested in a number of FWBs a couple of years ago and some of the Anschutz rifles are being sold on at very reasonable prices.

Dom.

I checked last night it was a 12/15 not a Mk1 that we used!

r

.22 rifle

My daughter used an mod 64, superb in every way, light, safe & very easy to use. The aperture sight is mounted on a rail so a scope for training can be also be fitted. I still have it but don't know if she wants to sell it!!