Thread: FX Cutlas or AAS4**?

FX Cutlas or AAS4**?

Different price points but what do you reckon? A couple of years ago I heard questions raised about FX - quality, accuracy, seals and pi$$ poor backup.

I already have the AA but was wondering whether the FX was a good upgrade and.... as an average shot, would I notice the difference?

Don't know where you heard those rumours - They are very similar to the FX Verminator (in the action) but with the longer stock.
    The wooden stocked ones are very fancy indeed but I'm considering the synthetic stocked version. ( I will disable the return spring on the biathlon lever ).

Which would take my FX collection to 6 !!!

Although I had an AA300 & liked it I wasn't keen on the rather victorian 'boilerplate' look of the AA410.

So Ian, you would have no issue with the Cutlas then?

For some reason the synthetic stock doesn't float my boat so it would be a wooden stock for me even though as a pure hunting rifle the synthetic would be more suitable.

I am starting my research now in time for when my mortgage ends in October!!!!!!

Having said that.... I know a good gun won't make me any better (that comes down to practice) but is there enough difference between the two to make the purchase worthwhile for someone who isn't a superstar?

There is a price diff I agree & now I'm going to spoil it all by saying...

Also look at the FX Cyclone with the BTAS walnut sporter stock (similar price, I think to the wood Cutlas) - it's a beautiful looking gun.

More info here:
    www.fxairguns.com
    www.deben.com
    www.fxoc.info/

Deben are now the UK importer, having taken over from Ben Taylor (one reason why I couldn't understand your rumours), Liam at Deben is incredibly helpful.