Thread: J.L.S ARMS (wednesbury)....airgun catalogue

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Hi.
    When you get a chance could you give me any info on the ASI Supermatch, as i have a Gamo MC-Contest which i believe is the same rifle.The only info i have is the parts list from Chambers.Any help would be appreciated

Thanks
    Logan

I used to deal with them in the early 80s (I worked at Parker Hale). The head honcho was a guy called John Scoltock (presumably John L. Scoltock hence the JLS). I seem to remember the address was Scoltock house, so presumably the property was in the family.

They're still going, importing firearms, knives, scopes and similar. I think they run a shooting club too. Have a google!

Jamie
    Professional Pest Control without Poisons - Trapping and snaring equipment - www.jllpestcontrol.co.uk

JLS are still very active i am a member of the Wednesbury Marksmen club, there is a 25m range in the building and they shoot at least once a month on MOD ranges. The airgun shop is upstairs.
    Its an excellent club and both shops are well stocked for airgunners and FAC holders.
    Not been down for a few week as i live in Barnsley, if you live in the area its worth having a look.

edbear2 Guest
    Many thanks to all who replied..I did "google" it when I got it, but had no luck...will try again with all this new info

Here ya go chap....

http://www.jls-wednesbury.org/index.html

Jamie
    Professional Pest Control without Poisons - Trapping and snaring equipment - www.jllpestcontrol.co.uk

i got my first shot gun from them a mossberg pump 12 g ( £128 with a box of shells ) in the mid 80's then 6 months later my first propper air gun webley vulcan mk 2 ( £67 or £69 )which i still have. that was a long time ago it was the big-ish glass fronted place on the far side of the market if i remember right one.