Thread: J.L.S ARMS (wednesbury)....airgun catalogue

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Hi,

Its now at perry street wednesbury, i believe they import firearms for the police forces, i remeber seing a spread some time ago, i also remeber reading the founder John Scoltock passed away a year or so ago.

I traded in my brand new vulcan deluxe and brand new tempest in 1985, to buy my then girlfriend (now wife) a ring!!! i got 70 pounds .

The used to have a small shop on the corner, and yes i remeber there catalogue was fantastic, if anyone has one i would buy it!!!

Very Helpful Guys, and nive memories of going after school and looking on their window!!!

atb

They are a very good reference catalogue & do come up occasionaly on that well known auction site....

JLS Arms

John Scoltock was an old family friend, his RFD no was wmp 001 and was a stalwart of the trade. I saw him not long before he died, quite coincidentally he told me that he had seen is old catalogues selling for good money and he found that amazing. The blond haired model in the catalogues is called Pauline.

Ormicron

Hi Ed,

In happier times, I Shot with,and against John Scoltock with Full Bore and .22 ISU Pistol on various Pistol Ranges around the West Midland's...Besides owning JLS, John was a fine Pistol Shot,and a very good supporter of Shooting in all it's various forms..On more than a few times we had drink,s together..I also bought lot,s of Shooting equipment from his well stocked shop's in Wednesbury..

Regard's

Inproved

Quote Originally Posted by dave8352 View Post
    Hi,

Its now at perry street wednesbury, i believe they import firearms for the police forces, i remeber seing a spread some time ago, i also remeber reading the founder John Scoltock passed away a year or so ago.

I traded in my brand new vulcan deluxe and brand new tempest in 1985, to buy my then girlfriend (now wife) a ring!!! i got 70 pounds .

The used to have a small shop on the corner, and yes i remeber there catalogue was fantastic, if anyone has one i would buy it!!!

Very Helpful Guys, and nive memories of going after school and looking on their window!!!

atb
    yes i remember the shop in wednesbury town centre opposite the clock,and right on the corner.
    Dean