Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Guns of youth--Which ones?

ggggr is offline part time super hero and seeker of justice

Guns of youth--Which ones?

As a matter of interest,which guns from your youth would you like to have now? I suppose one criteria is if you saw one at a reasonable price in used condition in a shop window,that you would buy it on a sort of whim. Did you have one as a youth or was it something you just fancied trying? I wanted a webley mk 3 but as they had stopped making them a few years before and I couldnt afford one as they were about 1 1/2 times the price of a new airsporter. I always fancied a Bsa merlin after reading about them in Airgun world. Also a Cadet major. I have actually got one of each now and do enjoy them.
    I remember paratroopers were highly regarded (usually by the kn--heads) and Jackals were on the wanted list(There was a Sussex Armoury shop in Manchester) but I never really wanted those although a paratrooper is on my list to try now. Up here,Milbro/Diana,s were never really sort after but having tried a G36 and the older Diana 25,s I quite like them.
    Any how--over to you lot.

Garry is offline I scrolled the page up too fast and it fell off
    The one I used when a kid in the '70s was my dad's Webley Mk1 .22.
    Apart from needing a new piston seal, and the usual chips off the grips, it's still in excellent condition. There's a box in the loft somewhere for it.

Fancied a BSA Scorpion when I was a kid, but I think they're hideous now.

which ones

i had a Diana model 16 then a Relum break barrel (cant remember model) but a mate had a Haenel 303 with the barleycorn sight , I always fancied that .
    a gun is just a tool how its used is dependant on the person behind the trigger .
    This is why constant restrictions on legal users will have no effect on the unlawfull use of guns or knives !

When i was still in school (mid80's) i had four hw35's a standard one , hw35e hw35 deluxe & i cant remember what the other one was but they were all different . Like a fool sold them for next to nothing . I also had an ensign galaxy that i regret selling & wished i had now .

My best mate had a Panther Artillery Carbine, basically a long barreled RO72 pistol with a wire shoulder stock, that we had many an adventure with

Would love to have one of these again, but there can't be that many left as they were a touch brittle, Cheap and Nasty really, but brings back fond memories....

Webley Omega, my first ever airgun and I still have it.

Quote Originally Posted by clueless View Post
    My best mate had a Panther Artillery Carbine, basically a long barreled RO72 pistol with a wire shoulder stock, that we had many an adventure with

Would love to have one of these again, but there can't be that many left as they were a touch brittle, Cheap and Nasty really, but brings back fond memories....
    Here you go buddy

Quote Originally Posted by aeron View Post
    Here you go buddy
    Oh My God, miracles do happen.

I must buy one asap, only design change seems to be the stock otherwise it looks identical, although without the tape and superglue holding it together

Cheers Fella..

Have to be Bsa Meteor, first gun still got it and it is still a top little gun . atb.

my first gun was a webley hawk only because i could get it from my mums club book i then bought an hw 80 one of the first imported as i had to wait a few months for it to arrive i then bought a sharp ace which i never liked as it never went bang when i pulled the trigger oh how little i new back then i then discovered girls and other distractions and gradually flogged them all until i got back into it last year after a break of over 20 years
    S400 Carbine

Well I've still got my 'toy' & then a few others

It has to be the Jackal air-rifles got my first one when I was 14 & still got it

I wouldn't mind getting a Paratrooper though, as I've got the Air17 & Norica Commando, can you see the pattern of air-rifles

Regards
    Paddy.
    BE-HAPPY-OK

Gareth W-B is offline Retired Mod & Airgun Anorak Extraordinaire
    Not as a kid, but in my very late teens back in 1980, I really wanted an Airgunaid SP-5 .20 cal Hunter and a walnut Webley Vulcan .177 (was the MkI back then ), and finally got me an SP-5 in Feb 2006, and a walnut Vulcan .177 MkI in April 2007 . Atb: G.
    Last edited by Gareth W-B; 12-03-2009 at 09:44 PM. Reason: why not :-D ?

Done my bit for the BBS: http://www.airgunbbs.com/showthread....-being-a-mod-… now I’m a game-keeper turned poacher.

Numerous Milbro Catties

ASI Sniper .22

Webley MkIII .22 which I still have and it still shoots well though bears many scars and I regret reshaping and finishing the stock though its not that bad.

From those days my dream rifle was the Webley MkIII Supertarget.

About five years ago I walked into a shop in Great Harwood to be confronted by an absolutely split mint Supertarget with paperwork. It became mine. I put 50 or so pellets through it every couple of months.

Last Xmas brought me a 77K .177 which is tremendous.

There is definitely an underlever thing going on with me.

Good thread

regs

rod

harvey_s is offline Lost love child of David Niven and Victoria Beckham
    My Dad bought me a Relum when I turned 14 and I loved it at the time....
    I spent hours every evening with it, Boy could I shoot back then (and all with open sights)
    Always wanted an Air Arms Combat though....Only took me 30 years to find a decent one!

A BSF S70 was my first gun and I would find one hard to resist if I came across it in the flesh. Wanted an Omega for years until I got one a few months back. Also fancy a Vulcan.
    My name is Craig and I am addicted to multitools