Thread: Nitro conversion

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Question Nitro conversion

can any one enlighten me on the advantages of having a black powder revolver converted to Nitro powder please ?

Hi
    Ive had mine done so that I can shoot on an indoor range without all the smoke and I dont like cleaning guns of any type so its a lot less work in that department.

Jim McArthur is offline Frock coat wearing, riverboat dwelling, southern gent
    Are the nitro conversions still legal (as per match rules) to shoot in most muzzleloading competitions?

Jim
    UBC's Police Pistol Manager
    "Nasty, noisy things, revolvers, Count. Better stick to air-guns." Sherlock Holmes, The Adventure of the Mazarin Stone

Hi Jim
    Not sure of the legality of their use in muzzleloading competitions but i've shot a couple of western comps over the last few weeks and quite a number were in use. I dont think they would be acceptable at a SASS run event but they work over here.

Jim McArthur is offline Frock coat wearing, riverboat dwelling, southern gent
    What is your Western-group called?

My wife and I used to belong to SASS, and shot in a few matches. We enjoyed it, but the range where the matches were held was too far away.

Jim
    UBC's Police Pistol Manager
    "Nasty, noisy things, revolvers, Count. Better stick to air-guns." Sherlock Holmes, The Adventure of the Mazarin Stone

Hi Jim
    In the UK its the British Western Shooting Society BWSS, affiliated to SASS but obviously taylored to our more restrictive laws.