Quote Originally Posted by tim56 View Post
Other than being able to shoot in doors i cant personally see the point of converting a black powder muzzle loader to nitro. I like the smoke and flames that go with using black powder but thats just my view. However along with the Ruger old army nitro convertion i was looking at the Westlake long barrel revolver convertion to muzzle loader at the gun fair at Newark a couple of weeks ago and that make real sense to me. Gone is the wrist brace and the long barrel and the Taurus now feels balanced and more usable. Ok theres a bit more to loading it but i bet with practice it would not be an issue. Also you have to measure it against having to reload your bullets. Removing the spent primers, cleaning the cases, re priming, filling with powder and then reloading the bullet before evan going to the range. Tempting. Very tempting.
Anyone tried one yet?
Westlake is in the process of producing the first batch of ten Taurus nitro conversions, so only the prototype has been produced.

I have one of the first batch on order, so as soon as I've received it and tried it out, I will report on here.