Thread: Yet another HFT question

Yet another HFT question

Hi Lads,

My apologies if this has been asked and answered before.

Lifted from the UKAHFT 2009 Rules:
    Supported Kneeling/Standing – The above rules apply with the exception that any part of the rifle or body may be resting on the supporting tree/object. If a number of supporting objects are available, some part of the rifle or body must be touching the support marked with the peg number as the shot is taken. In addition to touching the numbered support you may also make use of any other supporting objects

Question:
    Do I need to put a bit of my body between the gun and the "rest" for the shot to be legal? Can I (for example) just sit the gun nicely in the cleft of a tree where it is held perfectly still/stable and just pull the trigger.

I had always assumed (perhaps incorrectly) that irrespective of the shot you always had to have a bit of your body between the gun and the "rest".
    The 0.22 Treefeller X X2R HW77k
    Pound for pound, the amoeba is the most vicious animal on earth.

Yes!...
    SIHFT Winners 2011 - 2012 - 2013 - AND 2014....2015..2016...oh look back at green...running out of colours! Ha!

I'm glad we've cleared that one up then

Charlts is offline I'm not the Messiah, I'm King of the Creedbros!
    Leicester, Wigston, 171.27 miles North of Calais!
    Quote Originally Posted by Lumberjack View Post

Question:
    Do I need to put a bit of my body between the gun and the "rest" for the shot to be legal? Can I (for example) just sit the gun nicely in the cleft of a tree where it is held perfectly still/stable and just pull the trigger.
    As long as part of you or your gun is touching the peg then you're fine. It could be your little toe or little finger as long as you're touching the peg and your trigger finger is behind the firing line it is a legal shot.

Ryan
    The toxicity of lead varies, depending upon the weight of its doseage and its velocity!

Merci beaucoup. As we say in the french speaking bits of Glasgow

Snooper601 is offline I likes to polish my trophy
    Quote Originally Posted by Charlts View Post
    As long as part of you or your gun is touching the peg then you're fine. It could be your little toe or little finger as long as you're touching the peg and your trigger finger is behind the firing line it is a legal shot.

Ryan
    Though it won't work well if you shoot a springer. You need to cushion the gun from any direct contact with hard surfaces when using recoiling rifles to maintain accuracy.

Cheers

John
    Snooper601 Suspect a simple fault, or a simple engineer He who dies with the most toys wins!
    QHAC Official lubricant development engineer.