Thread: No interest in HW77

No interest in HW77

Mmm... Just out of interest. I've sold 4 guns recently in very quick order:

HW35
    BSA Scorp ( Pistol )
    BSA Airsporter S
    BSA Merc

But their appears to be very little interest in the 77 ( see link )

I honestly thought this would sell second only to the hw35. Is mine not old enough to be collectable or is the 77 just not very popular ?

Is my asking price with bag and scope reasonable ? I thought so, anyway I would not sell it for less !

It looks like I may be staying on the airgun scene all be it in a reduced capacity :-)

http://www.airgunbbs.com/forums/showthread.php?t=352784

There are alot about! and Credit Crunch! If it was a .177 k then it wouldn't be here? Nice gun hope it goes to a good home.

Mach 1.5

Hsing-ee is offline may also be employed in conjunction with a drawn reciprocation dingle arm, to reduce sinusoidal repleneration
    Sorry, but I would say that it is not priced to sell. While the 77 is one of the best rifles, if not THE best rifle, they are not in great demand. Blame Air Arms. Like the above post says, the larger calibre is less popular as well. I sold my very nice Mk 1 HW77K .177 for £140 last year, and I think that yours is probably worth the same. Scopes like the Nikko Sterling don't add much to the value, so I think advertising it at £150 is more likely to achieve a sale.

Probably best to keep it. The earlier HW77s had nicer build quality than some of the newer ones. I wish I had kept mine!

As above really. The 0.177's are more sought after.

It's a nice early one and the bluing looks to be in good condition. To me the few small scratches on the stock are not an issue because it's easy enough to pick up a virtually mint 77 or 97 stock to replace it.

It probably still works perfectly after 25 years and will do for another 25 . That said it wouldn't take much to upgrade or re-new the internals if necessary.

Unless you're absolutely desperate to flog it, i'd just wrap it up and tuck it away. I wouldn't sell it for a low price just to move it on.

You see CO2 pistols on here changing hands for, what I think, is a lot of £££. Compare the selling price of them to the selling price of your 77 and tell me which one you think is better value for money
    The 0.22 Treefeller X X2R HW77k
    Pound for pound, the amoeba is the most vicious animal on earth.

Thumbs up

If your HW77 is half as good as the .22 Mercury you sold me Nick I would stick it back in your gun safe & wait till the right person comes along to buy it!A lovely HW77 rifle in good as new condition if the credit crunch wasn,t here it would have sold straight away stick with it Nick give it away just to sell it ATB Paul

:-) Good advice from all. Thanks. It will not break my heart to keep it. I think it was my Dads favourite rifle anyway. I'll put it into storage.

atb, Nick

As said already. They are heavy rifles and .177 is the calibre best suited to get the most out of them. Its the calibre that makes them price critical. However, they are every bit a £300 plus rifle but just don't sell at that price. £150 is it and you can pick a rough one for a lot less. Lots out there and a bargain especially if you can do a basic relube.

The scope is a good early one and I'd have had it if spotless.

A victim of its own success. Loads of them were sold because they are so good and so little rarity value. I don't blame you for keeping it, I wouldn't want to part with that rifle for any less than the price you were asking for it
    My name is Craig and I am addicted to multitools