Thread: Light Weight Sport Rifle Scopes?

Light Weight Sport Rifle Scopes?

Hi all,

just wondering if anyone could tell me what scope they use on there Light Weight Sport Rifle? Ruger 10/22 / Remington 597 etc.

Currently have a Ruger 10/22 Custom Jobby with a Hawke HD 3-9x44.

I have an large MTC Viper and a quite large Nikko Stirling but they are just too big and heavy for a sporting rifle.

Also does anyone use the target dot reticule? I fancy one of these but dont know if they are actually worth while?

Thanks!

PS. I shoot SCSBRA Surrey Postal LSR League and ALL the Hendon stuff! 20 yards / 25 yards. Standing & a bit of bench.

Cheers!

Adam

I use a nikko sterling nighteater 6-24 on my sako for precision shooting and turn it right the way up. I find it helps to concentrate the mind.

Are you sure its the scope that is too heavy and not your arms that are too weak Or your stance?

I've used both iron sights, red dot and scope on my 10/22 (it has weaver so easy to interchange) and I get the best scores with the scope (a cheap JSR 6-24 at 12x for rapid fire to aid target acquisistion).

Iron sights is fun for breakable disks but not really a precision aiming mark. The dot on the red dot is pretty good but I rarely use it these days as I get better scores with the scope.

I dont want to judge, but I've seen a lot of people (including myself) searching for that perfect target rifle (air or rimfire) when really its just extra practice they need

When I was shooting the Norfolk LSR league I used a Hawke 10-40x50 Target with the 1/8th min dot reticule. I used this on 24x mag.

Al

Smile

I have a cz511 .22 semi auto, its is fitted with a simmons 8 point 4 -12 x 40 with an adjustable objective, this scope is quite long but very light and excellent value for money. They were about £70/£80 but I have seen them being sold for as little as £35. I also have a hawke 3-9x50 map pro, fitted to my weihrauch hw95 air rifle, this is a good scope but feels about twice the weight! The simmons was already fitted to the cz511 when I bought it, both rifle and scope had never been fired, I was so pleased with the scope that I didnt feel the need to change it.
    regards paul.
    Benelli M2 comfotech, Beretta silver pigeon, Marlin 1894 44mag, cz511,
    tuned hw95k, Sako 85 stainless synthetic .243

Ive had a simmons wtc 3.5-10x40 on my custom 10/22 for the last few years. Does everything i need from a scope and doesnt weigh too much.
    In starting and waging a war it is not right that matters, but victory. -Adolf Hitler

You've won division 10 of the surrey league LSR by a hell of a margin!!
    Wonder what division they'll put you in next time?

Quote Originally Posted by norm View Post
    You've won division 10 of the surrey league LSR by a hell of a margin!!
    Wonder what division they'll put you in next time?
    Division 5 or 6 would be my guess. But it would depend on how many people entered the Summer comp.

A JSR 6 - 24 on my Ruger 10/22 Target on 24 mag usually , wind it down to 10 or 15 for the close in quick fire shots .

Found out tonight I was 3rd in my league