Thread: Nothing then 2 permissions in 2 weeks

Nothing then 2 permissions in 2 weeks

Had got to the stage where I never thought i would get a permission. Had asked a few palces and got refused. Had 2 people offer to take me on theirs and the Mrs had a turn as one mentioned shotty and 'proper' rifle.

One place where I go to fix pc's for work always had 5 or more rabbits in the field as you drove in through the grounds. Asked about the groundkeeper/head gardener numerous times but always missed him. Last time I went there 10 days ago no rabbits to be seen ... and that day as I go to leave he is working on the gardens in front of my car! Say hello and ask if he has got someone to sort out the rabbits as saw none on the way in. 10 minutes later he has finished telling me about how he wished someone would take care of them and is listing the damage they do I had to offer to help and 3 days later he got the ok from owner, signed permission and drew the boundry on a sat map I printed, 150 acres Went down there on Saturday morning and only got 4 bunnies but all clean shots and now I know way around the place and best spots to hide and lots more

Then yesterday grabbed a bacon roll from a van by another office where I fix things. Nice bloke runs the van and we always have a quick chat while eating. When mentioned rabbits at the weekend he said about the field by the offices being full of rabbits and the offices complained about plants. Said I should ask the farmer and gave me directions.Popped in and asked for permission they took my number and said they would call. Got a call on the way home today and permission 2 in the bag. Popped over this evening and tho its smaller its a lot closer to home, 4 miles instead of 45 and got 2 banks fill of warrens.

If you think you will never get a permission dont give up because you never know when your luck will change.

done m8
    tis nice when they come in init.
    HW 97k .22, 4x40 Nicko Sterling scope, SportsMatch mounts, very new, shoots like a dream
    BSA Meteor .22, 4x40 scope? mounts?, very old, shoots like a drugged rhino, needs TLC

Yep

Yep it's great.
    Now its keeping the Mrs happy. She was borderline anti but is very understanding and supports I want to do it. She was saying I could never bring anythin home but now says so long as it skinned in the field its ok and she will be happy to cook it