Thread: That was nice

That was nice

For once everything went to plan 1st time. Swung into Henry Kranks this morning and picked up the Lee production pot and a double conical and a ball mould that they have on special offer at the mo. Took the cylinder of my pistol in to be measured so that I got the correct kit. Also picked up spare nipples and tool, plenty of caps and some lubes. Just spent the last couple of hours casting the 1st batch of projectiles and they've come out perfect ( well they did once the moulds had warmed up!). Very pleased and highly commend the kit and H Kranks for the help and advice.
    Cheers all

Theres something really satisfying about making your own ammo. Let us know how you get on. What gun are you using it in? Tim

C'mon Scimmy - you are just teasing us .

Gun ? Moulds ? what size did they measure & give you ? What offer @ Kranks ? How much are the caps ...... so many questions !

Tell us quick !!!!

Roy

Sorry guys
    Gun is euro arms NMA .44, took the cylinder to Kranks and it was measured at .451
    Deal was bottom pour LEE production pot and double mold of your choice ( complete i.e with handles) for £64 I went for the conical mold.

Also picked up the double ball mold again complete for £18.

Set of 6 nipples and wrench £11 plus caps, lube, and some air gun bits and bobs all in for everything £100

Very helpfull and knowledgeable guys and I was like a kid in a sweet shop looking at all the toys up there

Ahhhhh - thats more like it - information !! he he !

What size ball/conical mould did they suggest went with a 451 'hole' ?

ATB

Roy

......and yes - there are some 'purdy things' up there !

Whoops I'll get the hang of this soon. Sorry the mould sizes recommended were .451, although with the greater bearing surface of the conical this came out at .45

Will shoot a few cylinders and report back.

Cheers all