20 48.78%
  • All Two Handed

5 12.20%
  • All One Handed

3 7.32%
  • Either One Handed or Two Handed

13 31.71%
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: UBC Competition Stances for next season.

UBC Competition Stances for next season.

Hi Guys & Girls.

I'm going to do some changes to the competition for season three. As we are already have designed the new target for it. It's linked onto the competition website.

A few people have enquired about only using one stance in the competition i.e Two Handed.

So me being a diplomat

I'm doing a poll & whichever is the majority, will be next seasons format.

I'll run the poll for about 2 weeks, so as many competitors will have chance to see it.

The Possible Stances are

A. Keep as is Two Handed, One Handed

B. All Two Handed

C. All One Handed

D. Either One Handed or Two Handed

Ok Guys & Gals over to you.

Regards
    Paddy.
    BE-HAPPY-OK

Hi

I think either one or two handed, whichever best suits the individual.

Some people will struggle to hold a pistol one handed and shoot accurately and some will struggle two handed. It depends on style of pistol, as well as fitness and physique. Currently, the comp favours the people that can cope well with both stances.

As the UBC are friendly comps (though Phantom Sniper may disagree) I say give everyone their best chance to perform! ......'either' sounds good to me.

ATVB
    Linnet67
    My Guns: a Walther LP200;& a Weihrauch HW40PCA

Keep as is I reckon. I do shoot single myself, but the rules as they are keep the results in balance.
    Some people would be tempted to go all double and it would upset the Karma...
    Funny really, but I find I'm crapperer using both....., I only realised that my eyes are suffering with my high blood pressure this last month or so. I have to have it at full arms length to see the bloody thing properly

Russ
    Air Arms S400 Classic - Hawke Airmax 3-9x40 AO MAP6, SMK QB78 DL - JSR 4x40 Mildot ill.El Gamo ASI sniper, BSA Airsporter MkVI. UBC#22 - Sheridan EB22, Gamo Compact:R77-4:Falcon, Walther PPK, CP88 shiney, SMK G10, Baikal 53M:MAK, Crosman 357

Jim McArthur is offline Frock coat wearing, riverboat dwelling, southern gent

Either way, at the individual's choice

I agree with Linnet: I think each shooter should have the option of shooting it all one-handed, all two-handed, or using a combination of both, as he or she sees fit.

This is supposed to be a fun shoot, so I think the rules should be lenient to allow for individual preferences and personal problems.

Jim
    UBC's Police Pistol Manager
    "Nasty, noisy things, revolvers, Count. Better stick to air-guns." Sherlock Holmes, The Adventure of the Mazarin Stone

Quote Originally Posted by Jim McArthur View Post
    .... to allow for individual preferences and "personal problems".

Jim
    Hang on, what have my STD's got to do with it.????

Russ
    Air Arms S400 Classic - Hawke Airmax 3-9x40 AO MAP6, SMK QB78 DL - JSR 4x40 Mildot ill.El Gamo ASI sniper, BSA Airsporter MkVI. UBC#22 - Sheridan EB22, Gamo Compact:R77-4:Falcon, Walther PPK, CP88 shiney, SMK G10, Baikal 53M:MAK, Crosman 357

Quote Originally Posted by Firestorm View Post
    Hang on, what have my STD's got to do with it.????

Russ
    It depends on how advanced they are, Russ!

Jim
    "Nasty, noisy things, revolvers, Count. Better stick to air-guns." Sherlock Holmes, The Adventure of the Mazarin Stone

OK this is a tricky one, I enjoy the comp as it is at the moment, it doesn't favour anyone as everyone has to shoot both holds, I can only shoot the lp10 single handed the rest of my ladie's i use double handed(No comment from you bunch of Perv's), i'm crap single handed with them and can't shoot the lp10 double. But we have had 2 seasons like this, and i do like to see individuals scores improve as time goes by, so I'm going to go with use whatever stance you are more comfortable with for that perticular Pistol. And if the scores don't improve your all in trouble.

atvb

Jason
    Fancy shooting your air pistols & rifles a bit more, then guy's & gal's come visit us at the
    UBC for loads of fun competitions for all types of air pistols and rifles.

Quote Originally Posted by cookie View Post
    the rest of my ladie's i use double handed(No comment from you bunch of Perv's), i'm crap single handed with them

atvb

Jason
    Yeah so they tell me

Tony
    UBC Secretary & Web-Manager
    THL Marksman of the Year 2010
    (Airgun Section)

BigEars Guest
    Keep it as it is. I normally wouldn't shoot one-handed but trying in the comp has made it more fun and more of a challenge.

I'm squarely in the "keep it as it is" school of thought. Like BE, given the choice, I wouldn't normally shoot single-handed because I know I'm far steadier and therefore more accurate when using the Isosceles hold. The fact that I have to shoot 50% of the comps single-handed is a challenge for me, makes it a little more interesting, and it's gratifying to see my one-handed scores creeping higher over time.

Having said that, I'll go with the majority decision - I just hope it's not all single-handed all the time!

Thanks for your replies, so far & your input.

I know when giving suggestions opens a can of worms

But I like to know what everyone thinks, as its your competition & your thoughts & asperations are important to me.

Currently it's 50/50 btween A & D.

I just thought of another one, I decide each month what stance & opposite hand, but that's evil (won't be doing that one)

Regards
    Paddy.
    BE-HAPPY-OK

Quote Originally Posted by Pad. E View Post

Currently it's 50/50 btween A & D.

Regards
    Paddy.
    D now in the lead....

Jim

Hey Paddy, at 59yrs I'm glad I can still stand

Choosing what grip to have on the pistol is almost secondary

(but 2 handed is better)

Good luck, Phil

Quote Originally Posted by Phil G View Post

(but 2 handed is better)

Good luck, Phil

Jim

Talking How many hands!!

Quote Originally Posted by Phil G View Post

(but 2 handed is better)

Good luck, Phil
    2 hands, I need one to keep hold of my ----,(now then),Bathchair or zimmer frame...Mike...