Thread: Sadly Sheffield Fuzz are rabidly Anti-gun

Angry Sadly Sheffield Fuzz are rabidly Anti-gun

As shown Here

Barrie_G is offline It could be worse...............................

"and airguns would only be allowed for use in clubs."

Thats the hunters stuffed then.

RochdaleLad Guest
    More quotage:

But the authority has been warned that clamping down on legitimate shooters will do nothing to prevent the use of illicit firearms. The organisation is being asked to consider measures which would take guns out of the hands of many people who currently have authority to use them for sport and other purposes.

So at least someone has told them that it would be dumb to remove all guns etc. etc.

madness

Quote:Target shooting clubs would be stopped from allowing members to use guns belonging to the club or other people.

So how can a new member learn to use a firearm or shotgun in the safe, controlled surroundings of a H.O. approved club, or complete his probationary period without the use of club guns?

Zanx Guest
    It won't be until all gun shaped things are banned and gun crime STILL rises that the full foolishness of the police and Govt will be made clear.

It's all numbers, XXX amount of guns taken off the "street" via snidey legislation rather than adressing the problem of illegal Jamaicans and Gangstas using illegal guns as a willy replacement.

One is easy, safe and comes up with good numbers, the other is dangerous, uses alot of resources and don't look very good on the Plod yearly report.

Now we know that the Parliament Muppet Workshop is consulting Plod, now might be a good time to write to the Chief of your local cop shop and ask some prudent questions like:

By how much has gun crime reduced since legitimately held guns were outlawed?

ect...

Actaeon Guest
    I wonder if this is just a simple case of mis-reporting.

I've just read through the "report" and it's a bit ambiguous as to exactly who is presenting these insane proposals
    In South Yorkshire, officials have drawn up a tough list of suggestions due to be considered by South Yorkshire police authority members at a meeting today
    There's no mention of who these "officials" are if you read the report carefully - it would seem that they aren't officials that represent the police since they are reported to be presenting their tough new proposals to the police authority. I suspect (and hope) that these officials are just another bunch of ill-informed antis that even though they proport to represent the view of the majority, actually only represent the view of half a dozen misguided individuals.

a mate of mine saved a copy of the local star a few weeks back, i read it then,
    whenever ive had the chance to talk to the plod they always come across ok about me shooting,
    most dont even realise you have to have permission when shooting on farmland ect,and are always quite amazed as to how saftey aware you have to be "just for an air rifle",

i just hope it is being pushed around by a bunch of lefties and ultimatley will be ingnored,
    although...
    we in sheffield have mr flunknit and friends currently in residence, just be glad you dont
    lots of takedowns

Don't worry...In 10 - 20 years time, violent crime will be so rife and out of control that the government will have to legislate to allow the ownership of firearms for self defence as the government themselves simply will not be able to protect the populus.

I really really hope I'm wrong about this...but somehow I don't think I will be.

The US in the last 10-15 years has had a massive turnaround in issuing concealed carry permits in most states. The results of this are a massive drop in violent crime, street robbery and home invasion.

Look up some articles by Massad Ayoob on the web and you will find some very persuasive arguments as the handgun being a tool for 'saving life' rather than taking life.

Cheers

Clive

Zanx Guest
    Originally posted by cliveward
    Don't worry...In 10 - 20 years time, violent crime will be so rife and out of control that the government will have to legislate to allow the ownership of firearms for self defence as the government themselves simply will not be able to protect the populus.

I really really hope I'm wrong about this...but somehow I don't think I will be.

The US in the last 10-15 years has had a massive turnaround in issuing concealed carry permits in most states. The results of this are a massive drop in violent crime, street robbery and home invasion.

Look up some articles by Massad Ayoob on the web and you will find some very persuasive arguments as the handgun being a tool for 'saving life' rather than taking life.

Cheers

Clive
    If the police were allowed to do their job you would be wrong in your prediction but seeing as they are tied to desks or sitting in bushes pointing Cash Procurement Devices at motorists I think you might be right. All the cards are in favour of the criminal at the moment.

I think there is definitely soemthing fishy about the report. Not even the Gun Control Network have ever proposed things that bad, and the police get to see first hand that its not ligitimate shooters who cause gun crime.

Brad