Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: What's the toughest air pistol?

Quote Originally Posted by Andy001 View Post
    Surely the Gat gun can't be counted as an 'air' pistol its closer to been a catapult
    I aint a big fan of the gat, but the Diana SP50 when cocked, looks the part dont it? and from what I remember a darn sight more powerful

Saw one advertised at £30 on here recently (pluss £5 P&P)
    I paid 12£ for mine.

I was just about to put in an offer for it when Lesley looked over my shoulder and said in a stern voice
    "Dont you even "think" about pressing the submit button"

Gulp!!!!
    So I didn't

Tony
    UBC Secretary & Web-Manager
    THL Marksman of the Year 2010
    (Airgun Section)

BSA Magnum
    Sorted

GS
    Thoughtcrime, they called it. Thoughtcrime was not a thing that could be concealed forever. You might dodge successfully for a while, even for years, but sooner or later they were bound to get you."1984

sniper22 Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by Phantom Sniper View Post
    I aint a big fan of the gat, but the Diana SP50 when cocked, looks the part dont it? and from what I remember a darn sight more powerful

Saw one advertised at £30 on here recently (pluss £5 P&P)
    I paid 12£ for mine.

I was just about to put in an offer for it when Lesley looked over my shoulder and said in a stern voice
    "Dont you even "think" about pressing the submit button"

Gulp!!!!
    So I didn't

Tony
    chicken

i obtained my first steel toe cap boots so i could always find somewhere to push the barrel in on my gats and sp50's. i ended up with funny round pattern like audi or the olympics imprinted on the leather.
    remember those feather darts?

Hi Jim,how about the Benjamin/Sheridan HB pump up pistols,definitely a tough pistol.No co2 to worry about,only got to worry about exhaustion from all that pumping

http://www.crosman.com/airguns/benjamin/HB17
    all the best,Keith

It's either going to be a Webley Overlever (Senior, Premier, Tempest, Mk1 etc.) as there is very little to go wrong with them, given a little lube they should last a lifetime, or, even tougher still, I am surprised that nobody has yet recommended the famous Yankee Hy-Score pistol, or its British Phoenix Arms reincarnation.

The cocking linkages are massive for a pistol, looked after one of these will last more than a lifetime in my opinion, there's only a single O-ring to wear out, the breech seal is made purely from steel parts, no leather or rubber seals to wear there. The trigger mechanism is low-stressed so should last a LONG time without serious wear, the pistol was designed from the outset to be a long-lifed and robust item, with as few parts to wear out our break as possible.

While the HW45 is a well-made and accurate pistol, it is also quite complex, there have been one or two reports on here of problems with them.

I have owned A.22 BSA Scorpion from new -1973 I think.It has been well used but I do look after my stuff. It has never broken and I have just had it overhauled by a friend who put a new spring in it. Back up to 5ft lbs and thinks it is a target pistol!
    I was aiso recently given a 1975 Crosman Medalist II last fired in 1987. It is low on power but accurate and nice to use. It is now being sorted by the same useful friend!

windowrest is offline I may be quick but never flippant
    Quote Originally Posted by Rob M View Post
    It's either going to be a Webley Overlever (Senior, Premier, Tempest, Mk1 etc.) as there is very little to go wrong with them, given a little lube they should last a lifetime,
    I found one of these in dads shed when I were a lad.. It was exceptionally rusty and the cocking linkage was broken. So, being a stupid youth, I found a nail that fitted, clamped it in a vice and struggled like mad to cock the thing. It worked a treat! I took it to the local gun shop and they refused to get the bits to repair it as it was 'dangerous'. no sesne of adventure, that was their trouble...
    Arms discourage and keep the invader and plunderer in awe, and preserve order in the world as well as property... Horrid mischief would ensue were the law-abiding deprived of the use of them.