Thread: Sheridan EB22

Sheridan EB22

Hi,

Looking for some opinions on this gun.

How's the build quality, do they have any common problems?

I have read they are pretty loud, is there a silencer that I could buy for this gun?

Are they easy to mod and are there any custom parts available?

Should I just get a 2240 instead?

Also, how much should I expect to pay for a good second hand EB22?

Thanks,
    Kam

The Sheridan EB22 has a brass barrel and tube better quality than the crosman but but you cannot do much to customise it as it is all welded together.
    I would go for the crosman you can change everything on them and they do not cost so much look out on hear and you should get one for £65 or much more if you would like a customised one.

I love my EB22 Runs at just under 6ftlb. yes it's loud, but you can get an adaptor for a silencer (altho' it's pig ugly.).

It's not welded by the way, it's soldered, and yes you can split it to work on it. Someone on here has done this I believe, getting it polished or refinished.

For mods etc.. I have to admit the 2240 would be a better bet, there's far more out there to cater for changes, from the UK or States (crooked barn are very popular for bits).

Russ
    Air Arms S400 Classic - Hawke Airmax 3-9x40 AO MAP6, SMK QB78 DL - JSR 4x40 Mildot ill.El Gamo ASI sniper, BSA Airsporter MkVI. UBC#22 - Sheridan EB22, Gamo Compact:R77-4:Falcon, Walther PPK, CP88 shiney, SMK G10, Baikal 53M:MAK, Crosman 357

Hi Kam,here's a pic of mine with its u.k.neil silencer and adapter,...http://i158.photobucket.com/albums/t...4/P1090190.jpg

atb,Porky
    Last edited by Porky; 30-03-2009 at 08:50 AM.

Nice gun Porky!

The only things I want to change are the grips, the sights and the trigger. I could do the grips myself but would I be able to get a better trigger and sights from somewhere?

Thanks,
    Kam

Thanks Kam, I bought a trigger shoe from Steve Darrall on here......it's not a new trigger but it makes the trigger feel much better.

atb Porky

Jim McArthur is offline Frock coat wearing, riverboat dwelling, southern gent

Scopeable?

Can an optical sight be installed on an EB 22?

Sounds like it's a sufficiently powerful pistol that a telescopic sight would be worth it.

Jim
    UBC's Police Pistol Manager
    "Nasty, noisy things, revolvers, Count. Better stick to air-guns." Sherlock Holmes, The Adventure of the Mazarin Stone

See Porky's pic above. It's fitted with a couple of the sheridan scope mounts, got some on mine too.

Russ
    Air Arms S400 Classic - Hawke Airmax 3-9x40 AO MAP6, SMK QB78 DL - JSR 4x40 Mildot ill.El Gamo ASI sniper, BSA Airsporter MkVI. UBC#22 - Sheridan EB22, Gamo Compact:R77-4:Falcon, Walther PPK, CP88 shiney, SMK G10, Baikal 53M:MAK, Crosman 357

Quote Originally Posted by Firestorm View Post
    See Porky's pic above. It's fitted with a couple of the sheridan scope mounts, got some on mine too.

Russ
    But Russ me ol'e buddy,
    do ya ave a scope fitted t mounts

Tony
    UBC Secretary & Web-Manager
    THL Marksman of the Year 2010
    (Airgun Section)

Quote Originally Posted by Porky View Post
    Hi Kam,here's a pic of mine with its u.k.neil silencer and adapter,...http://i158.photobucket.com/albums/t...4/P1090190.jpg

atb,Porky
    'Tis a beauty!

Jim
    "Nasty, noisy things, revolvers, Count. Better stick to air-guns." Sherlock Holmes, The Adventure of the Mazarin Stone

Quote Originally Posted by Firestorm View Post

Russ
    Thanks, I sent my message from my computer at work: we're blocked from opening photos.

Jim

Quote Originally Posted by Phantom Sniper View Post
    But Russ me ol'e buddy,
    do ya ave a scope fitted t mounts

Tony
    You cheeky F%$£^&####() B^&)_£"!__)

Russ