Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: New UBC 10 Metre Competition

BigEars Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by Phantom Sniper View Post
    Hi there

In theory they should have the same point of impact. As our targets are scalled from the 10m.

But I believe its all down to the shooter
    I have had pellet on pellet at both 6 yards and 10m but then using the same pistol and same pellet, I've had dismal scores

I tried the both the 6 yard and 10m last week and consistantly scored high 20's and low 30's

I then did something to relax myself (wont say what), then shot consistantly at 45-47

Same pellets, same pistol, Same zero

Tony
    Willing to risk the sight in one eye then?

Quote Originally Posted by nyamazan View Post
    I trust it was something legal

Maybe you could sell your secret relaxing agent if it improves your scores like that!

Ummm good question. Dunno about the legality

Can't be bottled though

Tony
    (ps I saw you've visited the www.umarexboysclub.co.uk on the29th March. Any comment or suggestions are welcome)
    UBC Secretary & Web-Manager
    THL Marksman of the Year 2010
    (Airgun Section)

Cool 10 mtrs

Realy looking forward to this "new pistol" realy doing the biz @ this my favourite distance and discipline...Mike...

Just bringing it back to everyones attention

Tony
    (Airgun Section)

Didn't need to adjust my sights as someone said I wouldn't, doesn't seem to make sense to me unless my pellet is still rising at the 6 yard mark.
    That would have been me

A pellet has 2 points in its trajectory that (if correctly zeroed) will hit the bull If your sights are Zeroed at 10M and you hit the bull on a standard 10m target. Then you use a scaled down target and bring it closer (according to scale) then the pellet will hit the bull.

Tony
    (Airgun Section)

That would have been me

A pellet has 2 points in its trajectory that (if correctly zeroed) will hit the bull If your sights are Zeroed at 10M and you hit the bull on a standard 10m target. Then you use a scaled down target and bring it closer (according to scale) then the pellet will hit the bull.

Tony
    I'd agree with you Tony for all my pistols except one: the Colt 1911. Sub-six hold @ 10m, in the black all day long (well, mostly!).

Try the same thing @ 6yds with the scaled down 4-bull, all shots high in the 3,2 & 1 rings at 12 o'clock?

I'm actually having to aim at 6 o'clock on the outside 1 ring to get into the black with it. Very confusing!

...but it seems to be working...

My humble apologies for not crediting (or believing) you.

Was posting from a mobile phone and didn't have time to check back to see who the clever bloke was.

Ill forgive you

Not many people call me clever though Just passing on what was told to me by a wise ol' man who happened to blow my excuse for crap shooting one day out the water

Tony
    (Airgun Section)

Quote Originally Posted by MikeB View Post
    I'd agree with you Tony for all my pistols except one: the Colt 1911. Sub-six hold @ 10m, in the black all day long (well, mostly!).

Try the same thing @ 6yds with the scaled down 4-bull, all shots high in the 3,2 & 1 rings at 12 o'clock?

I'm actually having to aim at 6 o'clock on the outside 1 ring to get into the black with it. Very confusing!

...but it seems to be working...
    There's always one aint there

LOL, I had same with my CP99 and I think Lynne has found similar with her 99!

Tony
    (Airgun Section)

There's always one aint there

LOL, I had same with my CP99 and I think Lynne has found similar with her 99!

Tony
    Weird!

It's all about knowing your guns, I suppose. I've been very impressed by the groups I've been getting from the 1911.