Thread: Umarex Colt Special Combat

Umarex Colt Special Combat

Hi everyone, I am a new member to the forums. This is my first post so i will intruduce myself first. I'm Andy from Scotland and i have been a collector of airguns for years.

I was wondering, I have been keeping an eye on the Umarex Colt special combat C02 pistol for a while now. I am interested to know if anyone has one or has used one and would care to give me there opinion on it. They look fantastic are they as good as they look?

Hi Andy and welcome to the BBS, The Colt is a great looking pistol and can be quite accurate in the right hands, the only gripe i have with the pistol is the saftey on the grip, it takes a little getting used too.

As a newbie here can i extend an offer to join the UBC (umarex Boys Club) you can find us here in the pistol section or at our website:
    www.umarexboysclub.co.uk

Happy Shooting

Jason

Oops was getting it confused with the Dark Ops. Listen to Mike he knows best.
    Last edited by cookie; 03-04-2009 at 08:34 AM.
    Fancy shooting your air pistols & rifles a bit more, then guy's & gal's come visit us at the
    UBC for loads of fun competitions for all types of air pistols and rifles.

Hi Andy and welcome aboard. The Colt 1911 Special combat is a smooth-bored repeater which fires 4.5mm BBs only, so it depends on what you're looking for in a pistol. It's not going to be uber-accurate because of that smooth barrel, but it's a real looker and if it's just fast-fire tin can action you're looking for, then go for it.

If on the other hand you want a rifled barrel, better accuracy and the ability to fire .177 pellets, then have a look at the Dark Ops model - it's a bit of a looker, too.

HTH,

Mike.

Thanks for the information. I have quite a few co2 pistols and have found that the umarex ones are usualy great quality. Just wanted to be sure. It seams that i must have one! cheers!

:hi! found that it's impossible to get anything i want in this area. does anyone out there have one for sale? new member, so will have to learn proper prosedure for buying, hope someone can help.cheers!

Jim McArthur is offline Frock coat wearing, riverboat dwelling, southern gent
    Quote Originally Posted by cookie View Post

As a newbie here can i extend an offer to join the UBC (umarex Boys Club) you can find us here in the pistol section or at our website:
    www.umarexboysclub.co.uk

Happy Shooting

Jason
    Yes, and that pistol is perfect for our Police competition, which starts on 11 April.

Jim
    UBC's Police Pistol Manager
    "Nasty, noisy things, revolvers, Count. Better stick to air-guns." Sherlock Holmes, The Adventure of the Mazarin Stone

Quote Originally Posted by Jim McArthur View Post
    Yes, and that pistol is perfect for our Police competition, which starts on 11 April.

Jim
    That's it Jim Round'em Up fella
    Fancy shooting your air pistols & rifles a bit more, then guy's & gal's come visit us at the
    UBC for loads of fun competitions for all types of air pistols and rifles.

Quote Originally Posted by steeleye View Post
    :hi! found that it's impossible to get anything i want in this area. does anyone out there have one for sale? new member, so will have to learn proper prosedure for buying, hope someone can help.cheers!
    Try telephoning the Importers Brocock on 01527 527800.

They should be able to put you in touch with your nearest stockist.

Unhappy

hi! all avenues explored long ago. ok if you are long term customer and want a shotgun. nearest brocock dealer 40 miles away, must make appointment to even get in! not user frendly. all the old style gunshops have closed here long ago.