View Poll Results: Are you coming?

Voters
26. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes, I wouldn't miss it for the world!

13 50.00%
  • Gutted - can't make it!

9 34.62%
  • Still don't know, sorry.

4 15.38%
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: May UBC Meet - who's coming?

Quote Originally Posted by Phantom Sniper View Post
    Sounds good to me Ian

I'll be in a tent, but no coffee perculator

So I'll take thee up on thou offer (sod the management, I have spoken)

Just gotta make my own way back up here after the event.

Tony
    I'll come and find you, see you there, I am so looking forward to it!

Ian
    Never approach a bull from the front, a horse from the rear, or a fool from any direction!

Thumbs up

Hi all, I have this afternoon purchased a Umarex Beretta model 92 FS (CO2) in Black.

I had both the Beretta and a Colt 1911 (also in Black) in my hands and I must say I found it very difficult to choose. I came down on the side of the Beretta but I have no idea why really, they were both felt equally nice to the touch and both looked superb

I put about 300 pellets through her during the afternoon, mainly trying to sight-in the Hawk Sport-dot scope. This is the first time I have tried pistol shooting and I must say it was great fun and I can see it will be most addictive

I hope this will recommend me for membership of the Umarex Boys (& girls) Club and will be the start of some very enjoyable times.

I have voted my intention to attend the meet on Sat 23rd May. I just need to send off my cheque.

I have a host of questions regarding Pistol shooting....well one or two but they would be better in their own topic.

Yes JIM....before you say it, I WILL take part in your Police Pistol Shooting comp when I get my head around the what's, why's and wherefor's of it all

Kind Regards one and all
    Bob Skidmore

Hi Bob and welcome to the BBs and of course the UBC, I have recieved your e-mail and will sort your membership out shortly. You made the right decision on the beretta, IMHO it's the better of the two. I look forward to meeting you in coventry.

Happy Shooting

atvb

Jason
    Fancy shooting your air pistols & rifles a bit more, then guy's & gal's come visit us at the
    UBC for loads of fun competitions for all types of air pistols and rifles.

Jim McArthur is offline Frock coat wearing, riverboat dwelling, southern gent
    Quote Originally Posted by rattycatcher View Post
    Hi all, I have this afternoon purchased a Umarex Beretta model 92 FS (CO2) in Black.

I had both the Beretta and a Colt 1911 (also in Black) in my hands and I must say I found it very difficult to choose. I came down on the side of the Beretta but I have no idea why really, they were both felt equally nice to the touch and both looked superb

I put about 300 pellets through her during the afternoon, mainly trying to sight-in the Hawk Sport-dot scope. This is the first time I have tried pistol shooting and I must say it was great fun and I can see it will be most addictive

I hope this will recommend me for membership of the Umarex Boys (& girls) Club and will be the start of some very enjoyable times.

I have voted my intention to attend the meet on Sat 23rd May. I just need to send off my cheque.

I have a host of questions regarding Pistol shooting....well one or two but they would be better in their own topic.

Yes JIM....before you say it, I WILL take part in your Police Pistol Shooting comp when I get my head around the what's, why's and wherefor's of it all

Kind Regards one and all
    Bob Skidmore
    And most welcome you will be, too, Bob! The Police Pistol thread should answer most of your questions, and please don't hesitate to ask, if you have any others.

Jim
    UBC's Police Pistol Manager
    "Nasty, noisy things, revolvers, Count. Better stick to air-guns." Sherlock Holmes, The Adventure of the Mazarin Stone

Garry is offline I scrolled the page up too fast and it fell off
    As probably the least active member of the UBC, I should like to register an interest in coming along.
    The only pistol shooting I've done for months was at Rough Wedge last week, so I won't even be taking any wooden spoons home

Jim McArthur is offline Frock coat wearing, riverboat dwelling, southern gent
    Those Wooden Spoons are hotly contested trophies, Garry!

Jim
    UBC's Police Pistol Manager
    "Nasty, noisy things, revolvers, Count. Better stick to air-guns." Sherlock Holmes, The Adventure of the Mazarin Stone

These wooden spoons have caused quite a 'stir'

Garry, it will be a laugh & a good day irrespective of your scores.

Regards
    Paddy.
    BE-HAPPY-OK

Garry is offline I scrolled the page up too fast and it fell off
    I could buy my own one, and get it engraved at the trophy shop.

Quote Originally Posted by GarryP View Post
    I could buy my own one, and get it engraved at the trophy shop.
    You can actually buy them >>HERE<< . However mine have that 'personal' touch
    BE-HAPPY-OK

Smile Ratgunner

What a Bummer!

Unable to make it as still running in the new knee, can drive again but only short distances sadly, have a great time all,

Best Wishes, Bernard.

Just to confirm I will be attending, and hoping to see you all there!

I'll try to bring Matt, too, He can defend his trophy and badges.

I have not been practising really hard, and look forward to a spirited fight to defend my "Two Spoons" status.
    "Improvise, adapt and overcome."

I can count to potato.

Quote Originally Posted by delta1 View Post
    Just to confirm I will be attending, and hoping to see you all there!

I'll try to bring Matt, too, He can defend his trophy and badges.

I have not been practising really hard, and look forward to a spirited fight to defend my "Two Spoons" status.
    Hi Rich

Do hope Matt can come & have your family day out Didn't he do well last time round

I've done some more wooden spoons with some 'different' patterns hope you like them

Regards
    Paddy.
    BE-HAPPY-OK

Hi Bernard (Ratgunner),

I'll be passing Leicester on my way down on Sat am, hopefully with Tony(Phantom Sniper).
    I'm going to stay Sat night and make my way home on Sunday sometime.
    Got a nice big tent, so your more than welcome to join us.

Let me know if you want to go and we'll sort out picking you up.

Cheers

Russ
    Air Arms S400 Classic - Hawke Airmax 3-9x40 AO MAP6, SMK QB78 DL - JSR 4x40 Mildot ill.El Gamo ASI sniper, BSA Airsporter MkVI. UBC#22 - Sheridan EB22, Gamo Compact:R77-4:Falcon, Walther PPK, CP88 shiney, SMK G10, Baikal 53M:MAK, Crosman 357

He's a good lad that Russ, I don't know why you lot always pick on him.
    Fancy shooting your air pistols & rifles a bit more, then guy's & gal's come visit us at the
    UBC for loads of fun competitions for all types of air pistols and rifles.

Sorry guys but I defo will not be able to attend.

have a fab day
    Linnet67 xx
    My Guns: a Walther LP200;& a Weihrauch HW40PCA