Thread: Rohm Muzzle Velocity

BigEars Guest

Rohm Muzzle Velocity

I sent my twinmaster to Brocock in December for a trigger repair and service.When I got it back I plunged into the UBC competitions and didn't shoot much at more than 10m.

I was shooting at 20m last night and quite frankly the groupings were low and very poor. I swapped guns with a much better shot than I and my grouping were normal for me and his got much worse. I chronoed the pistol today (without killing my Combro) and over 8 shots got a difference in MV of more than 30fps betwen the highest and lowest reading. ME ranged from 1.75 to 1.05 ftlb.

Back to Dr Brocock on monday.

Anyone have any info on how consistent the Rohm should be?

Quote Originally Posted by BigEars View Post
    I

No one tell him!!
    Ol'e BigEars would rather go to Spain instead of Coventry

Seriously, I would expect far better than what you getting. Give em ell for buggering up your fine piece of kit

Tony
    UBC Secretary & Web-Manager
    THL Marksman of the Year 2010
    (Airgun Section)

Quote Originally Posted by Phantom Sniper View Post
    No one tell him!!
    Ol'e BigEars would rather go to Spain instead of Coventry

Seriously, I would expect far better than what you getting. Give em ell for buggering up your fine piece of kit

Tony

I've had a Sport and a Top...both were very consistent and about 3 ft/lbs if I remember correctly.
    Yours is not a happy Rohm!!!!
    Eric.

I chronoed the pistol today (without killing my Combro) and over 8 shots got a difference in MV of more than 30fps betwen the highest and lowest reading. ME ranged from 1.75 to 1.05 ftlb.

Back to Dr Brocock on monday.

1.75 to 1.05 Not nice. As you know mine's been tweaked but it's pretty consistent. Sub 10 fps variation between shots.
    “We are too much accustomed to attribute to a single cause that which is the product of several, and the majority of our controversies come from that.” - Marcus Aurelius

BigEars Guest
    Looks like I'll be shooting the next round of the comp with a borrowed Rohm. (excuse 74c)

sent mine to mr hassel ,,4ftbs and very consistant your aint well

BigEars Guest
    Spoke to Brocock this am, convinced them that it wasn't working properly after the last repait and they will put it right FOC... will try this first. The gunsmith there said Rohms were hard to adjust upwards above about 380 fps

Kloppville- 10,533 miles from Lake Mulwala.
    Spoke to Brocock this am, convinced them that it wasn't working properly after the last repait and they will put it right FOC... will try this first. The gunsmith there said Rohms were hard to adjust upwards above about 380 fps
    My Actions doing around 446+ fps if that helps?

Cheers.

Roy.
    If it moves.....shoot it!..If it don't move.....shoot it in case it tries to!!!
    Light travels faster than sound....this is why I appear bright until you hear me speak!!!

BigEars Guest
    Less than 24hrs after I waved my Rohm goodbye at the post office, Phil (?) from Brocock was on the phone. He'd found a flaw in the casting inside the reducer valve which had perforated causing air to leak. Yippee! Should get pistol back by thursday.

How's that for service?

Brilliant news

Three cheers for Phil @ Brocock

Tony
    UBC Secretary & Web-Manager
    THL Marksman of the Year 2010
    (Airgun Section)

Tell him to speak to Mr Hassell to find out where he gets hold of those magic airgun fairies he puts in the reg

Those airgun fairies must have a lot of puff anyway because they send out 8.4 grain JSBs from my Top at 500+ fps
    “We are too much accustomed to attribute to a single cause that which is the product of several, and the majority of our controversies come from that.” - Marcus Aurelius

BigEars Guest
    Phil said he'd chronoed the gun and it was doing an average of 420fps, which seems fair enough.

harvey_s is offline Lost love child of David Niven and Victoria Beckham
    Just out of interest - Who's Mr Hassell and what miracles does the man perform....???

Phil Hassell, does tuning to the Rohm Twinmaster PCP pistols, including reg tweaks and more hammer spring preload to boost the power.

Contact details www.pmcb.co.uk.
    I don't know if he still does them though and I hear he can be difficult to contact sometimes.

just chrono'd my twinmaster top at a consistant average of 456 ft/sec with 7.0 grain RWS CO2 targets, thats 3.23 ft/lbs.

Regards
    Kelley
    www.hwownersforum.freeforums.org