Thread: Sussex Interclub 2009 - Round 1 Results

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Sorry Alan, i'm not singling out your boys, just a flaw in the scoring system as it is.

Alegazmoz is offline Southern Hunter Burger Tester
    Great pictures Alan, I see you and Spongerina might be related now.
    arf!

Quote Originally Posted by Steve L View Post
    Sorry Alan, i'm not singling out your boys, just a flaw in the scoring system as it is.
    Steve, you're singling out one and it's coming across as sour grapes.
    I've tried to stay away from this, as quite frankly, whether you care or not, I think it's pathetic.
    I don't suppose it'll affect Craig and his moment of glory. Yesterday was his and he was a joy to behold, virtually everything fell before him, he may never be able to repeat it, but I'd put money on him against anyone after the way he shot.
    There was nothing wrong with the scoring system when juniors were not regarded seriously at the outset, when yourself and anyone who wanted a say, were involved in the outline proposals that were ratified by the HOC's.
    The idea of the allowances was to make the events inclusive for all sussex shooters, juniors included.
    There are two distinct trophies. One for adults, which Andy won last season and one for juniors, which was earned by Craig. Therefore I fail to see your problem in that respect. If anyone is at a disadvantage, it's the other juniors and they don't seem all that bothered.
    If you're as competitive as you say and you want the trophy, earn it, don't look for a scape-goat for your lack of confidence.
    On the first meeting outing in the series, Craig is seen as a threat ...... how? The top five shooters got gold. With or without his allowance, that outcome would never have changed. He earned his as a junior and nothing else.
    Craig is an enigma. A junior who can shoot as well as an adult ... why?
    Practice! ...... every day, outdoors and you want to knock him because he out-shot you. Consider youself lucky he's still a junior.
    Sorry, all this nonsense is a fantasy. If you'd bothered to go through the proper channels, instead of running off like some self-appointed maverick, you'd know the full SP and realise just how ridiculously wrong this all is.
    I listened on the periphery, when the matter was explained to Derek, but you haven't give him a chance to put you in the picture, otherwise you wouldn't be on this erroneous campaign.
    Your credibilty after this is overdrawn. If you bother to read Jack's post, the juniors aren't all that impressed either.
    Do what you're best at and coach & shoot. The series has got this far through the efforts of those who've made it what it is and to publicly question their expertise is a very poor show indeed.
    Hopefully this is the hiccup for this series and we can all get on with enjoying the rest.