Thread: Sirocco 2000 safety catch not working

Sirocco 2000 safety catch not working

I have a Sirocco 2000 and the safety catch has decided to stop working. It has not been dropped or knocked so the reason is completely unknown to me. Anyway does anyone know how to fix this problem?

Sam Guest
    Is the safety bar not engageing on the cocking stroke?

Sam

On the cocking stroke the bar (I assume you mean safety device) doesn't engage at all. Once cocked you can't even manipulate the safety mechanism, though you can move it backwards and forwards, so that it prevents the gun firing. Obviously I can use it without this device but would be so much happier if it worked.

the safety bar on the 2000 is operated by the head of a allan bolt screwed into the underside of the cocking arm.
    this can sometimes ride above the safety bar rather than pushing it straight back , the only way to check this is to remove the stock and check the bar is parallel with the underside of the cylinder
    and not bent downwards slightly .
    i have seen this on a couple of theobens
    p.s try and cock the gun with the stock of as you will bend the cocking arm.

Lance

You were right regarding the safety bar being pushed upwards. I straightened it and hey presto it's ok now. Thanks for all the advice.

Sam Guest
    Originally posted by lance
    the safety bar on the 2000 is operated by the head of a allan bolt screwed into the underside of the cocking arm.
    this can sometimes ride above the safety bar rather than pushing it straight back , the only way to check this is to remove the stock and check the bar is parallel with the underside of the cylinder
    and not bent downwards slightly .
    i have seen this on a couple of theobens
    p.s try and cock the gun with the stock of as you will bend the cocking arm.
    Hit the nail on the head.

Near Wimbledon, SW London, or Lusaka, Zambia
    Result
    Always looking for any cheap, interesting, knackered "project" guns. Thanks, JB.

Good news, but you could always do what I did to my Fenman. Take the allen bolt out altogether as it does nothing but set the safety, you can still set and reset the saftey manually.
    Kev
    You laugh at me because I'm strange I laugh at you because your stupid!
    A Turkey is for Christmas not for life.

Originally posted by kev hughes
    Good news, but you could always do what I did to my Fenman. Take the allen bolt out altogether as it does nothing but set the safety, you can still set and reset the saftey manually.
    Kev

ill give you all a word of advice DONT TRUST HIM the last time he said" trust me your gun will be fine" it broke twice!