Quote Originally Posted by I. J. View Post
I would be up for this, depending on the venue, but how do you differentiate between the cut off dates ? Unless its a Diana/RWS with the month year stamped on the action or HW were they will provide the info by e-mail or letter, its almost impossible to known exactly the difference between, for example, a Dec 1969 and a Jan 1970s rifle. Few records were kept by manufacturers of say Webley and BSF. And whoes to say the internals are standard? Ive seen a Webley service rifle that had a BSA R10 power source and was therefore a recoilless pcp.
Difficult subject dating but I say shoot what you bring (recoiling springer) as long as its legal and safe, enjoy the day, enter the spirit of the shoot and to hell with the date of manufacture.

Our club is hosting another 'Bring & Buy' classic rifle/pistol event on Sun. 1st November at our indoor range near Bolton, Lancs. This time with more emphasis on the fun competition side of classic airgunning.

ATB
Ian
Hi Ian

I know what you mean about dates, can be a can of worms

This when Jim decides the critera , will be a online postal competition, just like our online pistol comps which lasts for a week (saturday-saturday). All aimed towards 'gentlemans / womans' trust.

So as long as you have got at least 6yds at home or it might be 10m depending on the critera, you then email the scores to Jim & at the end of the week all scores will be made public.

Regards
Paddy.

p.s I'll try & come to the 'bring & buy' , as I enjoyed the last one, even through there much wasn't competition shooting going on, mainly good ole chin wagging