Thread: Vintage Air Gun comp: who's interested?

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Jim McArthur View Post
    Remember that the Vintage comp starts on 29 August. This is going to be a pure-fun, occasional (only in the months where there IS a 5th Saturday) competition: no leader board. It will be for rifles and pistols (separate scoring categories).

IF there's sufficient interest I might add pistol crossbows, too.

Jim

Hi Jim, could you put me down for the pistol shoot. Using a Walther LP53. I'm sure the was only made up to the early 70's.

Good luck, Phil

Jim McArthur is offline Frock coat wearing, riverboat dwelling, southern gent
    Got'cha down, Phil!

Cheers,

Jim
    UBC's Police Pistol Manager
    "Nasty, noisy things, revolvers, Count. Better stick to air-guns." Sherlock Holmes, The Adventure of the Mazarin Stone

Question Pump Up

Hi Jim
    Serious question. I keep going back to that seriese of pictures on Kranks website. Apart from the desire to own a historic pistol I have spotted this: http://www.henrykrank.com/vap112.html and I want to know what class it falls into. OK for this contest it doesn't matter. But what about the main comp?

Regards
    Jim D
    Globus magnus volvere
    trepidex mea non est!

Quote Originally Posted by Target Bunny View Post
    Hi Jim
    Serious question. I keep going back to that seriese of pictures on Kranks website. Apart from the desire to own a historic pistol I have spotted this: http://www.henrykrank.com/vap112.html and I want to know what class it falls into. OK for this contest it doesn't matter. But what about the main comp?

Regards
    Jim D
    Jim, that pistol doesn't appear to be a springer, CO2, or PCP, for sure: and in my opinion, it probably wouldn't qualify as an SSP either. It looks like a Multi (vs. Single) Stroke Pneumatic: aka a "pump-up".

Main comp doesn't have any categories for same.

However, my recommendation (just so, not a binding decision) is that because it's akin to an SSP, and because it doesn't offer any advantages over an SSP (probably the other way around, actually), it should be permitted in the SSP category.

Jim
    "Nasty, noisy things, revolvers, Count. Better stick to air-guns." Sherlock Holmes, The Adventure of the Mazarin Stone

Quote Originally Posted by Target Bunny View Post
    Hi Jim

Regards
    Jim D
    This may be the one, copied from Pyramid Air

The Crosman 130 pneumatic was made from 1953 to 1970. It was a multi-pump pneumatic in .22 caliber, plus a model 137 in .177 was also made. These guns replaced the model 105/106 multi-pump pistols that had been in the Crosman line since 1947. Where the 105/106 guns were conventional in all ways, the 130/137 were groundbreaking new airguns.

Thumbs up Crossman 130 Category

Hi Guys
    OK the Crosman is now mine so where are the targets for the contest Jim McA?
    Or am I going to do them?

General opinion is that as you only get a single shot to a priming session (6 pumps) this puts it in the SSP group. Think of it as a SSP for wimps.

Will let you know how it shoots when I've done a strip & lube and had a look at the seals.
    Feels beautiful in the hand and would have sulked if I hadn't adopted it. Only problem is that it seems to be pining for its friend the Titan and I need PCP gear for that making it a larger outlay.

Just as well Jim McA didnt come with me. They have a couple of cannon for sale.
    Globus magnus volvere
    trepidex mea non est!

Congratulations on your new toy, Jim!

Targets? Yeah, targets....OK, let me think about that. Then I may be getting back to you.

CANNON?! Good Lord, you're right about me not being there: airguns are bad enough on the budget, but the big stuff?...

Jim

Smile Category

Hi Guys
    OK Paddy (Multicoloured Lord of the Scoreboard) Says the 130 will classify as a SSP for wimps since it takes 6 pumps instead of one so now we are official if I get the range problem (I don't have one but I can borrow next doors yard if I grovel) to join the main shoot as well. The Nemesis is great but I still need a rear blade.
    You DID include pump ups in your original post so I never had any doubts about the 130 qualifying for this contest and since Daisy have confirmed the date of the end run of Model 94 "Red Rider's" as the mid sixties I now have two vetran/vintage collectibles and am negotiating a third whilst still trying to afford the Titan.

Regards
    Jim D
    Globus magnus volvere
    trepidex mea non est!

Right, I'm up to have a go at this.

All I need is a clever sod to list all the qualifying pistols... (come on, you know you want to.....)

(don't suppose any of mine count))

Russ
    Air Arms S400 Classic - Hawke Airmax 3-9x40 AO MAP6, SMK QB78 DL - JSR 4x40 Mildot ill.El Gamo ASI sniper, BSA Airsporter MkVI. UBC#22 - Sheridan EB22, Gamo Compact:R77-4:Falcon, Walther PPK, CP88 shiney, SMK G10, Baikal 53M:MAK, Crosman 357