Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Indoor shooting

Smile Ratgunner

Like the Man says a HW 40 is a good indoors gun I use a Daisy 717 as well donkeys years old but go's with a good crack,

I have a steel catcher from SMK with four resetable targets, though plastic foam wine corks threaded onto strimmer cable make good dangley targets,

Back stop is a cardboard box full of newspapers with an old bit of carpet at the front with a 2 inch gap before the papers, works for me, I also wear safety glasses as a rather bad shot caused a bouncer that bruised my hooter

Happy Shooting KamSingh

Indoor shooting

Yep - can be done - I have 6 mtr range in garage and use CP88 and CP88 Competition. both v accurate if you zero in and stick to the pellet they like ( I use Finale Match). I use chipboard right behind the target as the wad cutters then produce a single hole with no tares and then absorb the pellet. As commented before I also use a Carpet tile in between target and chipboard but the can be 'shot up' quite quickly if you become consistant.
    CP88 does give quite a 'crack' on firing but nothing as serious as a crossman type.
    Good luck and enjoy - I do recommend the CP88 as a starter which you will buy on this site for between £80 and £120 - just dont try and squeeze every ounce of Co2 out of the caplet - I change at 10 magazines (80 shots) and waste some Co2 but it does give consistant power so if you are missing its only you and not the gun. This just takes the frustration out when you start to produce bad groups due to the power fall off and you start messing with sights to compensate only to find that when you recharge you are then hitting elswhere on the target and changing sights etc and round and round the circle you go!!
    I have atarted with the CP88 and am now looking to move to a pure target pistol such as a Rhom etc - believe me, if you start with an open mind and without spending too much THE BUG WILL BITE!!!