Thread: Dueling pistols

Dueling pistols

Does anyone shoot dueling pistol? It looks like it could be fun. I fancy a Pedersoli Kuchenreuter.

There was one for sale on here a while back

http://www.airgunbbs.com/forums/showthread.php?t=314904

Hi Grouseshot,
    I have a Pedersoli European Duelling Pistol. I have only had it a few weeks but I am very pleased with it. It is nice and simple to use and easy to clean, its also a very good gun for a novice like me.
    Blackrat

Quote Originally Posted by harricook View Post
    There was one for sale on here a while back

http://www.airgunbbs.com/forums/showthread.php?t=314904

Hmmm, I did try and buy that one, it was so cheap, but someone beat me to it, expect to pay near £900 for a new one.

Smile front stuffer

I have a .44 Pedersoli LePage. Silver finish with a set trigger and adjustable sights. Not sure if its stainless or just a coating but for £175 im well pleased with it. Have had it a few years and it doesnt get much use these days as i tend to shoot the Ruger old army most weekends. I use a load of 18grns of swiss pistol powder with a .010" patch soaked in wonder lube and a .435" ball. Any no10 or no11 cap will work well the gun really doesnt mind at all.
    Its a doddle to clean and is more accurate than any of my other pistols, a really nice gun to shoot.
    If your intrested in a front stuffer it may be worth trying one before you part with close to a grand. Im sure they can still be found for around a couple of hundred quid. Recommended. Tim

Quote Originally Posted by tim56 View Post
    I have a .44 Pedersoli LePage. Silver finish with a set trigger and adjustable sights. Not sure if its stainless or just a coating but for £175 im well pleased with it. Have had it a few years and it doesnt get much use these days as i tend to shoot the Ruger old army most weekends. I use a load of 18grns of swiss pistol powder with a .010" patch soaked in wonder lube and a .435" ball. Any no10 or no11 cap will work well the gun really doesnt mind at all.
    Its a doddle to clean and is more accurate than any of my other pistols, a really nice gun to shoot.
    If your intrested in a front stuffer it may be worth trying one before you part with close to a grand. Im sure they can still be found for around a couple of hundred quid. Recommended. Tim
    Please tell me where a Kuchenreuter can be found for a couple of hundred quid.

Strictly speaking, neither the Kuchenreuter nor the LePage are/were duelling psotls. they were/are target pistols.

Modern replicas of Manton flintlocks, smooth-bore as with 'correct' duelling pistols are available, but they are around the £1500 mark for the pair, one of which is rifled, I bleeve.

Other replications of a correct duelling pstol - with smooth bore, are the William Moore copies, in flint or percussion, from a number of makers, including Davide Pedersoli.

tac

Quote Originally Posted by Wobbly 2 View Post
    Please tell me where a Kuchenreuter can be found for a couple of hundred quid.
    Hi Wobbly. Didnt say you could get a Kuchenreuter for £200. Was saying you could get a LePage for about £200 which might be worth trying one before splashing out a grand but i see from your list of guns you already have one.
    Didnt realise that neither the LePage or the Kuchenreuter where duelling pistols. Learn something new every day. Have fun, Tim.