Thread: Hw 85

Hw 85

getting one tomorrow what do you think anyone got one /are they any good it certainly looks nice

This is an actual review at the review centre!!!!!

"Very impressive for big games. Shoots accurately at about 35 yards. Very accurate and powerful, good for big games that is hunting rabbits,patridges,dogs and even porcupines. Only problem I found with the Weihrauch HW85 is that the screws have to be tighten every 40 shots"
    Happy Shooting!! Paul.
    "We cannot solve our problems with the same thinking that we used when we created them" - Albert Einstein.

Quote Originally Posted by mallyally View Post
    getting one tomorrow what do you think anyone got one /are they any good it certainly looks nice
    That's a coincidence I have a secondhand one coming tomorrow as well.

I don't know much about the condition of the gun (I haven't seen it yet), except it's in .177" and has a Tyrolean walnut stock .

I'm hoping it's the earlier version with the raised scope rail, but i wont be too bothered if it's not as I'm having it in payment for an hours work.

All the best Mick

Quote Originally Posted by T 20 View Post
    That's a coincidence I have a secondhand one coming tomorrow as well.

I don't know much about the condition of the gun (I haven't seen it yet), except it's in .177" and has a Tyrolean walnut stock .

I'm hoping it's the earlier version with the raised scope rail, but i wont be too bothered if it's not as I'm having it in payment for an hours work.

All the best Mick
    the one i am getting has the raised rail but its a 22 /standard stock ( which is quite pretty ) but i do have to pay for it

the one i am getting has the raised rail but its a 22 /standard stock ( which is quite pretty ) but i do have to pay for it
    The same bloke who I'm having the 85 off also has an Original 52 carbine in .177" with Walnut thumbhole stock.

We're still in negotiations over that one.

I've offered him £50 but he thinks that's far too much to pay for an old gun.

All the best Mick

Quote Originally Posted by T 20 View Post
    The same bloke who I'm having the 85 off also has an Original 52 carbine in .177" with Walnut thumbhole stock.

We're still in negotiations over that one.

I've offered him £50 but he thinks that's far too much to pay for an old gun.

All the best Mick
    SHHHhhh dont tell anyone sounds like a good mate

SHHHhhh dont tell anyone sounds like a good mate

He is

I've already had a Mercury MK3 off him for £10.

And a Webley Vulcan Mk3 for £20.

The other day he gave me a 3-9 x 45PA ASI scope with mounts as "a drink".

I'm trying my best to get all his guns off him before he gets taken away in a straight jacket.

All the best Mick

Hw85

Hi

Must not have been a very popular model. No-one wanted mine when I offered it recently (not for £20 admittedly!) so I kept it as my sample springer instead of the SuperStar.

I never used it until fairly recently when the HW80 became a bit heavy but the '85 still puts the bunnies to sleep just as well.

Haven't noticed it shaking itself apart though but then it was Scorpio tuned.

I really bought it originally because it had a lovely custom stock!

Anyway, I'm sure you will enjoy yours!

Bye for now
    Cheers
    David

hw 85K

got it here now / don't know but it actually feels heavier than the 80 considering its supposed to be a lighter version it has a screw in trigger block and separate scope rail .It is actualy a pretty gun with a stock like the 77 with a pistol grip cap and covering the breech block
    problem is its only doing 8ft lbs so another strip job

hi mally

i bought a HW80 that i thought was an 85 but it turned out that it was an 80 cylinder with an 85 barrel fitted, it doesn't matter though as it's a gorgeous piece of kit with a walnut venom vantage stock (it's a left hooker but just as comfy orthodox)
    i don't know whether the action has had the venom treatment yet as i've had no reason to pull it apart it's just so smoooooth (btw it's a .177cal)

>>>HW 80/85??<<<

>>>one more<<<

john
    for my gunz guitarz and bonzai, see here
    www.flickr.com/photos/8163995@N07/

Quote Originally Posted by johnbaz View Post
    hi mally

i bought a HW80 that i thought was an 85 but it turned out that it was an 80 cylinder with an 85 barrel fitted, it doesn't matter though as it's a gorgeous piece of kit with a walnut venom vantage stock (it's a left hooker but just as comfy orthodox)
    i don't know whether the action has had the venom treatment yet as i've had no reason to pull it apart it's just so smoooooth (btw it's a .177cal)

>>>HW 80/85??<<<

>>>one more<<<

john
    that is a georgeous stock mate the older ones seem to have more style /but you HAVE given me an idea ( a possible barrel swap)

that is a georgeous stock mate the older ones seem to have more style /but you HAVE given me an idea ( a possible barrel swap)

Mine didn't show up as my mate had to work (Spud planting time )

Maybe tomorrow.

I like the idea of barrel changing as I'd prefer a .22".

All the best Mick

Hw85

Hi all,
    i was in airshooters(rainham) 2 weeks ago and the owner said he still had a few hw85's brand new and boxed.
    Not sure how much tho!

ATB
    Steve