Thread: Shepreth at Kelmarsh:

Shepreth at Kelmarsh:

Warmest congratulations to the .22 and recoiling World HFT Champions:

Simon Jones: .22 Champion.
    Simon has not been shooting for very long, his progression and achievement is nothing short of remarkable-well done Simon

John Mallows: Recoiling Champion.
    John is a familiar face at the club and on the circuit-he always makes time for a friendly chat and can often be found playing with his latest "project" on the zero range
    What makes John's (deserved) win more remarkable, is he has recently undergone a major surgical procedure and was doubtful for Kelmarsh.

Well done lad's, you have made your club proud

Graham, S.A.G.C Member
    Never go off half cocked....

All lies matter

well done to them both.

Simon shot well at the AAOC weekend - I am sure he's got a rangefinder squirrelled away somewhere! (joking). His shooting in the AAOC sunday HFT really stood out as great shooting. Well done once again.
    TXHC .177. Vmach stge 1 & custom triggered
    BSA XL Tactical .177
    AA S400K .177

Quote Originally Posted by Baxterbasics View Post

Graham, S.A.G.C Member
    MAD blackballed you eh Graham?

Quote Originally Posted by Gary C View Post
    MAD blackballed you eh Graham?
    Everyone is welcome to shoot at M.A.D Gary, even you
    "Whoever said the pen is mightier than the sword obviously never encountered automatic weapons"

Quote Originally Posted by jagxkrs View Post
    Everyone is welcome to shoot at M.A.D Gary, even you
    Congrats on winning the trophy at the weekend Chris..

Shrek's big brother lookalike contest @ Kelmarsh

Quote Originally Posted by Gary C View Post
    Congrats on winning the trophy at the weekend Chris..

Shrek's big brother lookalike contest @ Kelmarsh
    Think I was lucky, that big chap on the AGW stand would have been a far more worthy winner

GIT
    "Whoever said the pen is mightier than the sword obviously never encountered automatic weapons"

Well done to all but especially to John who used a rifle he got from me a while ago-which I sold because I couldn't do it justice. He also had the kindness to contact me this morning to thank me for selling him the rifle. Clearly it is me who should thank him for buying it and putting it to good use.
    'It may be that your sole purpose in life is to serve as a warning to others'.

Snooper601 is offline I likes to polish my trophy

Simon has not been shooting for very long, his progression and achievement is nothing short of remarkable-well done Simon

John is a familiar face at the club and on the circuit-he always makes time for a friendly chat and can often be found playing with his latest "project" on the zero range
    What makes John's (deserved) win more remarkable, is he has recently undergone a major surgical procedure and was doubtful for Kelmarsh.

Graham, S.A.G.C Member
    Thanks Graham, I'm very proud to be a member of SAGC too, and shooting hard courses at Shepreth really helps when you get to shoot the big comps
    You're right about 'Projects' I had the TX200 I used in the World's in pieces on Wednesday last week as the barrel nut had come loose, as springers tend to rattle things about over time.

Quote Originally Posted by Rapidnick
    Well done to all but especially to John who used a rifle he got from me a while ago-which I sold because I couldn't do it justice. He also had the kindness to contact me this morning to thank me for selling him the rifle. Clearly it is me who should thank him for buying it and putting it to good use.
    Thanks Nick, the TX suits me quite well and I'm going to give it a present for being so good - a nice re-blueing and service by Steve Pope, while I make a few tweaks to the stock, I know, I know, but I can't resist it

Congrats to all the other Class winners too, Simon, Rachel and Ben and all the placings as well. It was a brilliant weekend and finally big congrats to Kieran on winning the big one

Cheers

John
    Snooper601 Suspect a simple fault, or a simple engineer He who dies with the most toys wins!
    QHAC Official lubricant development engineer.

Yeah well done John.

I think I spoke to you on the zero range just before the second round.

Well done to the other Recoil placings as well. I was sort of in with a shout in 3rd place after the 1st day and then decided to shoot blindfolded on day 2.

Lots more practice required.

Hopefully see you at some of the other events.

Boz

Well done John mate, well deserved and a very decent points total with a twanger.

I've known John since I began shooting springers competitively and he has always been there with some knowledge or advice when I have needed it.

Top shooting buddy

Talking

Graham, S.A.G.C Member
    Thanks Graham,

SAGC is a great club and long may it stay that way.
    After only picking up a .22 september last year, certainly didn't expect to be where i am now with it.
    Only wished more people would take the plunge and give the .177 a rest.

Congratulations to John on his win with the springer, Always respect anyone who can shoot one straight.

Congratulations to everyone else on there achievements at kelmarsh.

But if your going to win a World Championship, the best way to do it is to clear both courses.

I take my hat off to Kieran, most people dream about clearing a course, never mind 2 in 2 days and when it REALLY mattered.
    The most annoying thing is, he's barely out of nappies and is gonna be around for a long time.

Simon.
    Theoben MFR CS800 .177/Burris Timberline, Theoben Evo .177/ Burris Timberline, BSA Supersport .25, Haenel XX, BSA Ultra .177/ Burris Timberline.

Gareth W-B is offline Retired Mod & Airgun Anorak Extraordinaire
    Now that we have the shiny new chat room sub-section in the events bit, am starting to move competition orientated threads from the general section to said sub-section where such threads will find ready receptive cyber ears .

This is because as most BBSers aren't into HFT or FT, a lot of people are complaining about competition orientated threads being in the general section, so hope you all agree this is for the best (and am sure you’ll let me know if you don’t ). Ha ha. Atb: G.

Done my bit for the BBS: http://www.airgunbbs.com/showthread....-being-a-mod-… now I’m a game-keeper turned poacher.